Castle Atos, loitering...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, Feb 4, 2023.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

A lot of people - me included - go AFK from time to time.

Suggestion: When going AFK, instead of leaving the immobile avatar standing around and gathering dust, include it into the working athmosphere of the scene.

e.g. if the Avatar can sweep let the Cleanliness Elementals carry him to the tavern and have him sweep the floor until he comes to again.
    If the avatar can rake - have him rake some hay in the many haystacks in the castle...

If the avatar can´t do anything worthwhile have him brought into the (not locked) cage on the marked square for loitering...

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Shawn you do not have to sheepishy like my posts. Speak up, speak frankly...
    [​IMG]

3. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Perhaps one should not attempt to dictate to another what their hobbies should be. Whether or not there are sheep involved. ;)

Sometimes, a "like" is all I have time for in the moment. But, as I have a few moments and a bit of coffee, I'll respond more fully.

I think the overall idea of making Castle Atos appear more lively is a good idea. Assuming this idea can be accomplished relatively easily, I think this should be a user selectable AFK option. To start with, it might be easiest to just randomly triggering non-dance emotes the player has. No requirements to move them to new locations or devs having to code for figure out what "role" in the scene a player may be assigned while AFK.

The moving of the player is the only real draw back I see. While it wouldn't bother me, I'm sure at least a few people would be unhappy to get pulled away from a crafting table, waiting in/on line, etc. But, again, overall, I like the idea. So, it get's a like from me.

Cordelayne and Anpu like this.
  4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

My whole comment resulted from your name: that_shawn_guy and

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes please. It would help others get a better Atos blessing.

ConjurerDragon likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That video is not available in the US but I know that you're talking about Shawn the Sheep.

7. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

In the "Land of No See"?`Though I have to admit that Shaun the Sheep at times can require an adult humour that however transcends languages...

Edit: But that should work?
    https://www.shaunthesheep.com/

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  8. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

How so? My suggestion was only that avatars, that already were in Castle Atos, would be used to do something. That would not add anyone to the number in Castle Atos.

I did not suggest to move people to Castle Atos from other scenes that would require a loading process. Only to put them to use in the scene that they are already in.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Well, I suggest that if you're going AFK then go to Castle Atos first. :)