Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Central Brittany blacksmith walks off immediately when opening vendor window

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Elwyn, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

9/18/2017 5:23 AM
    Title: Central Brittany blacksmith walks off immediately when opening vendor window
    Reproduction Rate: often enough to notice
    Blocker? no
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 24482
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 1993
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.660.Date.09.12.17
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany
    Area Display Name: Central Brittany
    Loc: (359.5, 31.7, 397.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueXx8KDM1OS40ODksIDMxLjY2NCwgMzk3LjE4OCl8KDAsIDAuOTg1LCAwLCAwLjE3NSl8MzAyLjg4NDF8MjYuMjY0NDF8My41MjE3MTU=

Details:
    The blacksmith in Central Brittany will sometimes walk away the moment you open the vendor buy window with him. He apparently (from one time when I followed him) goes upstairs to his bed, then immediately turns around. After this, the oracle often reports that I have had a negative Courage incident about "other people's needs". Sometimes he walks to a door, as though to close the back door that I just opened, except that the door is auto-close anyhow. I have just now seen him walk to the front door upon opening the vendor buy window, but I have also seen him walk to the back door. When he is not in his "normal" location by the counter, he doesn't seem to do this.

Just now when he went upstairs, I had checked with the oracle before he did his thing and had no courage incident report, but when I went back to the oracle, apparently she won't give you another report right away, so I couldn't check if I got one this particular time.

Going in through his back door may be important. I can't remember having this problem until I started going through the back door, which I started doing because sometimes he would be missing, and he turned out to have wandered out his back door (which I haven't seen happen for a few releases now). Then I found out that path was more convienent for me, so I go that way most of the time.

Steps to Reproduce:
    - go to blacksmith in Central Brittany, preferably by the back door facing the waterfront
    - do this during a time that is not normally his "bedtime" (from :15 to :45 after the hour earth time, just to be sure)
    - immediately open a buy window with him
    - he may walk away to a door, or he may walk upstairs
    - if he goes out of range (to the stairs), your buy window closes
    - if you follow him upstairs, he goes all the way to his bed (he even went right through the door without opening it), then he turns around and walks back to his daytime location

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.