Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Change in combat/health bars

Discussion in 'Release 57 QA Feedback' started by Belladonna Rose, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Not real thrilled about the change here. Watching the mob's bar flash back and forth is really a bit much. The one thing is i guess it lets you see how far or hard you actually hit. Still dont think its that needed. Unless i am looking at it all wrong. LOL

disorder and Rinaldi like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah I do however like seeing how much I damage better.

3. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

The new heath and focus bar are confusing for me, especially the "change color" is more prominent as actual focus or health. And this was solo.
    I do not want to imagine how it is with all this flashing in a group as a healer. Eight players means 16 bars that are flashing on every smallest change and competiting for attention.
    Please remove this or give us a toggle to turn it off.

Rinaldi and Chatele like this.
  4. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I for one like that change to be honest, it is more clear how much damage you do.

Jaesun and GrayFog like this.
  5. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

The change is actually quite good, i like it and looks a lot more modern.

Feeyo likes this.
  6. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

With HOTs, devotional and food buffs applied while healing myself and taking damage and also some death rays that is a light show with so much information on damage dealed, taken, healed, focus gained and loss. That it makes no sense. I am lucky that the mages in The Raise can not apply DOTs also.
    I need to know actual health and focus of me and the opponent. And they have chosen bright colours for the changes that are drawing more attention to it then your actual stats.
    Additionally there is a short time when both are shown, your current stats + the changed amount. It looks like you can take one hit more, because the health bar is filled. But it is not.

Also within a group with three rows buffs it is hard to click someones name (you are still not able to re-arange group members or re-assigns them to F-Keys on the fly) and now the add upto 16 flashing bars on screen that do there best to hide actual health. And as full healer you have to look at this portion of screen all the time. The flashing health bars from all the mobs (UT as an example) are not counted. And every bar wants his attention, since it is bright flashing -> alerting.
    And i also did not need to know how much damage they have taken, i need to now how much hits they can take before they are dead to chose whom to heal first. Beside the fact that some group members are more important to prevent a wipe.

If one like it to see how cool they are and to be modern, good. But add a toggle to get rid of this over and irritating information.
    If i want to know if i do enough damage or not, the current health is enough. There are also numbers above the heads in different colors and there is a log also. But personally i do not interested in numbers.

But i can also wait when this is released. Useally there not enough people on QA and the do not group up or do XP grinding. Or going into zones they have to fight, instead of "AoE everything down"

Tila Tenderfoot and Chatele like this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i'm not finding it useful, just distracting. would like to turn it off. (MOAR OPTIONS!)

Rinaldi, Elwyn and Chatele like this.
  8. MythosTMC

MythosTMC Avatar

I agree with the opinion that this change doesn't seem to benefit us. It's quite jarring from my perspective. An option to turn it off would be appreciated.

Rinaldi and Chatele like this.
  9. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

+100

Rinaldi likes this.
  10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

That's the word I'd use too.

Rinaldi likes this.
  11. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I would also describe the new health bars as distracting: to me it is essentially obtrusive visual clutter.
    Also, if you are going to implement something like this, the colors that you use need to be consistent. I see a a red number pop up (non critical hit) but the health-bar shows the damage amount in yellow (but yellow is supposed to refer to a critical hit!).

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    Jaesun likes this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah the colors for this need to be different. They are too distracting.

13. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

I love the additional information and feedback being provided to the user from this change, but I also think the colors need adjustment. In Street Fighter V, the Yellow-Green is your remaining health, where Red becomes the amount lost from the hit. If we want to keep Red as the remainder, perhaps a semi-transparent or darker Red would read better for the amount lost?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.