Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Change SOTA name to Shroud of One man band

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Gatsu., Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

agreed. the primary focus should be (and i think it is) on the things that matter. this stuff is for fun and profit and is so they do not burn out. i think they should spend less time on it, and more time on the important bits to make the game good... these new and shiny things can then start to make the game great, but only when it is already good.

where? do they have any legitimate reasons? i havn't heard a single one yet, most of them are what i tend to label doomsayers.. give it some time, things will even out.

players always leave a game. players also always come to play a game. it is the nature of the business. they are not leaving in droves, so it isn't as big of an issue as your color palette has decided.

simply put, untrue. i never play in that mode, and i know quite a few others who also never play in that mode.

can you prove this? i strongly believe your numbers are massively inflated. without proof, i'm chalking that up to the single mode untruth you stated above.

yeah, minmaxers. it is bound to happen. as i said above, things will even out, give it time.

personally gatsu, i think you are angry because you are not one of the folks that have figured out the system to make the money, early enough in the game.
    for the record, i'm not one of those, because i do not play often enough to make it count because real life is taking its toll right now. - and i'm not angry that i'm broke, either, because i know it is all up to me.

2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Gatsu, the music system is important to a large % of the population, in particular the huge chunk of players coming to shroud from LOTRO. Many of these players have accounts and periodically log in to check the progress made on ABC music and band support before leaving again. The instruments and music system is not a waste of time man. BTW Gatsu is correct about the existence of exploiters/cheaters, many of whom remain unpunished.

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Can you backup one of those things or is that just a feeling?

4. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

Finally a player that have a good answer to my question. thx Themo! ok, now for me ONE BAND MAN is ok.

for the Cheating issues... i think that developers (NOW) can understand from logs what players have used exploits to gain levels... probably a blacksmithing level > 90 in the first week of the R33 can be a nice indicator...
    and the same looking on how many players have RING OF FIRE > 80 in the same time... and now +10 skills over 80+ ...

only thing i hate is to be killed by a cheater and then looted ... (this is why i'm requesting LOOT changes)

when i'm sure to not lose my wearables (i used all my money on these things.. money made with cotton and wolves) i will start to fight cheaters without any problem.

Snikorts likes this.
  5. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I have 98 tailoring and 81 Blades (now locked). The insinuation that I cheated to obtain these is pretty crazy. I'm not even a hard-core player, so others having GM skills without cheating is very believable. I do not have Ring of Fire even trained, so using AoE/LoS exploits is a moot argument. I also do not have\use a gustball. Sure there may be some folks who have, but I doubt the majority of 80+ skills were done that way.

6. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

I kinda feel what Gatsu is saying. Maybe giving everyone under 10 GMs a few books of learning that instantly GMs a skill or two at release for all the help could work but honestly it's rather silly either way.

The point of this pre release was to find bugs and get them out of the game not find them and heavily exploit them till the loop holes were closed...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  7. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

my mining skills are currently at 98 and I'm aiming for 100 but I spent a lot of time in Spectral Mines grinding everyday to get it... please don't reduce them back to 80... huhuhu 。゜(`Д´)゜。

8. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

I'm an older player, so I suppose old-fashioned also. Yes, there is still at least one person that fits your description; that would be me.

Zader and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.