1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Change to dragon overland encounters

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Gwendolyn Obscuro, Sep 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

So I've spent many hours over the last few days on QA looking for the new juvenile dragons. Still not found any. Times like this or when I am looking for the young dragons to tame it always feels like the spawn rate of young dragons in encounters is way too low. BUT whenever I am in a group hunting dragons because someone wants a head or just general loot it feels like the young dragons spawn way too often. Yes I know, rng can be mean.

So.... is it possible to change these encounters so once you clear the stags or wolves then either a young or new juvenile dragon ALWAYS spawns? Then once you kill that younger dragon a full size dragon spawns? Bonus points if an ancient or aether dragon spawn after the regular one is killed!

This would open the scenes up to everyone. Lower level players can test their power against young dragons, which can still be quite tough. Then mid level players can still get dragons regularly for their head collecting and such. If aethers were kept to a third wave then these encounters wouldn't be avoided by mid level players for so long- they are out half the year and in my testing at least a third of the dragons were spawning as aethers in these encounters! But as players progressed they could still see if they could handle the aethers or ancients!

2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Great idea! The randomness of those encounters has always been a huge turn off for me.

Elgarion, Sara Dreygon and FBohler like this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

The data for juvenile dragons to appear in random encounters wasn't set up completely, so I just submitted a fix.

Adding an intermediary stage for younger dragons is an interesting idea and I'll keep it in mind, but I'm not yet inclined to make that change just now.

4. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Can you see if Northwest Blackblade Mountains has the same issue? I heard they were put in at a lower rate there but @Aleksander and I have been looking and even at a lower rate we should have seen one by now.

5. Aleksander

Aleksander Avatar

Been sitting in blackblade for a lot. Reset scene 8/9 times and killed each time the three youngs. Also sitting and waiting for respawn to see if that triggers the juvenile, but nothing so far...

Elgarion, Sara Dreygon and FBohler like this.
  6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Just checked Northwest Blackblade Mountains. In the area where a young dragon can spawn, a juvenile dragon may instead spawn. There are up to 3 young and/or juvenile dragons at any time.

Elgarion, FBohler, Aleksander and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.