Changes to Bard?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldo, May 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I don't watch the twitch streams so am somewhat ignorant of the upcoming bard changes. So I have a few questions.

Talk of losing effectiveness when instrument is not equipped? Does this mean that instruments will be an offhand item? Or does it mean that instruments will take up both weapon slots? I would like to know so that I can start crafting a suitable one handed weapon now before the changes. Presently you cannot equip an instrument in the weapon slot. I guess this will change?

Will the instrument then be able to be put on the combat deck?

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I think up until now the plan was to have you in "/Play" state to get the most out of your songs, which means no weapons, no off hands, just the instrument you have in your instrument slot. Will this change, will Chris tweak it? No clue, but that was the plan.

As of now, Bard songs will lose 25% effectiveness if you have voice training to 100 (24m exp), so I don't think it's gonna bother many, who will rather have their weapons out and lose 25% Bard power than lose their weapon for that 25%, I know that's probably my choice if this is how it happens.

Time Lord and Aldo like this.
  3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Sounds good. I am a little apprehensive though. Every time I assume 25% or any percent from tool tips I find my expectation is usually 100% worse than I figured ;)

Time Lord and FBohler like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.