Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Character jumping sound only plays while not running forward

Discussion in 'Release 43 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Lua, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lua

Lua Avatar

Player Bug Report Template
    1. Title: Character jumping sound only plays while not running forward
    2. Reproduction Rate: 2/3
    3. Blocker? no
    4. Details: I hear my character's jump sound only while not running forward, IE, it is not audible when walking or running forward using the W key.
    **edit** Further experimentation shows that as long as the W key is not pressed when the jump starts, the sound will play... IE, hold W, hold space, release space, wait tiny fraction of time, release W, observe jump start, hold W again, and the sound will play. It appears that if W is down only during the tiny slice of time that the jump animation is due to begin, then the sound is discarded. Also, holding both mouse buttons down simultaneously (in effect, the same as pressing W) also discards the jump sound.

5. Steps to Reproduce: Go into a scene and quit the game. Restart the game and resume inside the scene. Try jumping (Space Bar) while walking, running, sprinting, dashing, etc... You will only hear the jump sound while standing still, moving sideways, or moving backwards. You will not hear the jump sound while moving forwards with the W key.
    6. User Specs:​
    Microsoft Windows 7 Pro SP 1Intel Core i7-4790KRAM 16 GBNVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (driver 381.65)Samsung SSD 840 EVO (500GB)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  2. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

Thank you for reporting.

Currently by design.
    Jumping sound while moving forward was disabled a few Releases ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.