Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Character Sheet UI changes/concerns

Discussion in 'Release 56 Feedback' started by Arya Stoneheart, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I seem to be having difficulty reading the numbers - Health and Focus with the UI changes to the character sheet.

All the colors have been removed except for the Gold and all the numbers and letters seem to be same color and looks like everything is fading into the background.

I usually have my character sheet open while fighting - lower right hand corner - since that is easier to see instead of the health/focus bar in the upper left hand corner.

Here is a couple of ideas to resolve this -

1. Add back the colors to Health - red and Focus - blue to help with being able to see those numbers.

2. Make the numbers a lighter color and the letters darker so there is some contrast there - again so that the numbers are easier to read.

Paladin Michael and wizardsmoke like this.
  2. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks for the feedback! I will take another look at this.

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think part of the problem driving the changes was that the "red" text used all over the UI is so red that there is almost no contrast when it is on black. They really need to town down the red text a bit, add 0x10 or 0x20 of green and blue at least. I was a bit bothered to see the durability colors go half and half, but it took me about half a second to remember how hard it was to read the second number when it was red on black on transparency.

I also have this problem with the red system message text in the chat log. It is much harder to focus on that red text.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i would like to have the stats box below the actual paperdoll made opaque again.

5. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

@wizardsmoke And please put alpha options on all windows like you have on chat windows, but for inventory, preferable alpha slider for each window would be nice, on the settings wheel.

6. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

I agree the opacity is too transparent, trying to read text with any amount of transparency is generally a bad design. Can we also please get some extra padding or margins introduced throughout? It’s seems like minimal effort has been put into the legibility / assessibility aspect of the design for the UI. This project has past release date now you know?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.