Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Charging skills has really borked game play . . .

Discussion in 'Release 45 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You have just effectively enhanced the play of player who have higher level skill and a lot of them . . .

Why because you can charge spells / skill to 5 MUCH easier then trying to stack them to 5 during combat . . .

Sure I means if I have 10 locked slots then I can only use 10 (20) skills . . .

But I am pretty sure that players with 30+ GMs can figure out what skills / spells work to first hinder their target so they are lame enough to not really pose a threat then the skills / spells that work to create the most damage. . . .

At least when I was trying to get a 5 stack it was much more difficult since I had to have more unlocked slots to give them a better chance of them being delt. . . .

Now I can just hold down the button until it hits 5 stack and if I get hurried I still have the simple reliable skill avail . . .

I.E. I use Root - I hit it quick and get a fast root on the target - now I can hold it down and charge it up, and with HEAT it is irrelevant since it is avail immediately. Now I have a 5 stack root (which last longer) on my target and now I can hit it and rinse repeat. . . .

I know Root could be offset but it was just an example, Slow, Stun, . . . . . Damage . . . .

So affectedly took a HUGE step backwards with base combat . . . . .

Took creative deck building and skill training and threw it out the window . . . .

Have to amend it since if you cast the spell quickly - then with the heat - you have used up 1 or two levels. So if you cast immediately after you cast a level 1 then the best you can charge to is a level 4, so did a little bit right.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  2. DAKelam1

DAKelam1 Avatar

Except you are forgetting one thing you can charge to 5 but if you do it again immediately afterwards with heat you can only stack to 4 then 3 etc. unless you wait for heat to go away

Also while you are stacking you can still use other skills...when charging I cannot do anything else and if using a mouse I cant even think about taking a breath otherwise the mouse moves and cancels it which is especially difficult when using numbers 6 thru 0 because of the unnatural use and distance of hand moving to use keyboard and still be able to use mouse

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Moiseyev Trueden and Barugon like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Fixed.

4. DAKelam1

DAKelam1 Avatar

How do you figure you cant use other skills while stacking in an unlocked deck....while you are waiting for more cards to be drawn to stack you most certainly can use other skills not to mention it takes all of half a second to make the keyboard presses to stack them together

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I thought you were talking about locked decks. My mistake.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  6. DAKelam1

DAKelam1 Avatar

Its all good my first statement probably needed a bit more clarity anyways and the point is locked and unlocked both have pros and cons and to say 1 is far superior is silly when a case could be made well for each side

Barugon likes this.
  7. Gix

Gix Avatar

Charging a skill should consume the glyph's heat based on the amount charged; so then it becomes a decision between getting full power and using it frequently.

huie04 likes this.
  8. DAKelam1

DAKelam1 Avatar

It does sort of if you charge a glyph x5 for instance it gains heat and if you immediatly charge again you can only charge x4 that has been my experience

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.