Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Chat dialog tabs still switching confusingly

Discussion in 'Release 28 Dev+' started by Kara Brae, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

3/25/2016 9:15 AM
    Title: Chat dialog tabs still switching confusingly
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no.
    Details: This time in Single Player Offline mode. When I talk to Arabella or other NPCs and close the dialog by saying Farewell, the chat tab switches and I am left with a record of my comments only.

EDIT: I do realize that the settings checked in the foremost tab influence what is displayed in that tab. But the current setup (switching out of the dialog tab and into another tab which may only hold one side of the conversaton) is whacky and confusing and needs to be taken into consideration when the chat functionality is overhauled.

By the way, the healer still doesn't recognize any words that he should (survivor, dying knight) and will only help the dying knight if you type in the dying knight's name (Gawain).
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16324
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 GPU RAM: 3020
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.334.Date.03.24.16
    Area: novia_r6_hills02_highvalevillage
    Loc: (111.8, 35.0, -69.0)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for the feedback! Additionally, an improvement ticket has been written for the healer in Highvale to respond to more keyword triggers than just Gawain. :)

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

@Attenwood
    The game apparently carries over settings from previous playing even if you create a new character. So if you played previously and have more than one chat tab open with different chat settings, this can happen. Perhaps completely new players won't have this weird chat experience if they have only one chat tab with all the checkboxes checked. But whether new player or experienced player, the experience is poor and needs an overhaul.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Single Player Offline: While Single Player Offline mode has been working internally since the start of the project, the work of making this available to players will begin. (( Lined Thru - - Additionally, features and content specific to Single Player Offline Mode will move into full production. ))

Offline has very little working soooo - - - -

5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

You posted this in the wrong thread :) You meant to post it as a reply to https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/state-of-the-single-player-experience.42065/page-4#post-530363. After I posted that, I realized that the copy-paste of the quote did not include the strikethrough formatting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.