Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Chat Issues

Discussion in 'Release 26 Bug Forum' started by Phydra, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phydra

Phydra Avatar

2/11/2016 4:08 PM

Title: Chat Issues (related?)

Reproduction Rate:100%

Blocker? Yes, to the extent it impedes the ability to communicate locally and on the Nobles channels.

Details: Attempting to speak in /Nobles chat using /n or /nobles or /Nobles results in echoing my chat into the channel as if it is being sent; however, every attempt has a PRECEDING line that reads:

"Failed to Send chat: You do not have an orb."

Problem is three fold:

1. My Orb of Discourse has mysteriously turned into a Royal Orb (see screenshot)

2. Because of #1 (?) The game thinks I shouldn't be in Noble chat...?

3. Regardless #1 and #2, I should still be able to set my chat channel back to local; this seems impossible to accomplish at the moment.

Additionally, once I set chat channel to /Nobles, I cannot get it to go back to /local and no attempt I make preceded by /Local or /local or /l or /say will restore that chat channel to me.

Nor will relogging.

FYI - Emotes, whispers, and system messaging seems unaffected.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Login on RF Duke account and look to see if you have the Orb of Discourse or if you're granted instead a "Royal Orb".
    2. Either way, place the orb you have into inventory.
    3. Attempt to speak to /Nobles channel using any combination you wish to test as outlined above
    4. Note the response of "Failed to send chat: You do not have an orb."
    5. Repeat steps #3 and #4.
    6. Unequip orb.
    7. Relog.
    8. Repeat step 1-6 (or 1-8 as you may prefer) to confirm when needed.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5960X CPU @ 3.00GHz (16) System RAM: 6523
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X GPU RAM: 12176
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.378.Date.02.09.16
    Area: Ardoris
    Loc: (202.4, 69.7, -392.1)

[​IMG]

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The Royal Orb and Scepter are new items that were added in R26. It's fairly unlikely that the Noble Orb of Discourse was replaced by the item as they share different fairly different IDs. Is it possible you may have either misplaced, traded, or accidentally deleted the Noble's Magical Orb of Discourse?

The chat issue is more of a concern here, as typing /L should revert you back to Local chat.

3. Phydra

Phydra Avatar

/L executes the /location command for me. I haven't changed my keybindings, so not sure what happened there. I'm going to go check them now just in case I'm manifesting Alzheimer's disease. =/

I never had the Noble Orb of Discourse in R26. Maybe that's the root issue there.... hmm... I should have one. I suppose I just assumed it had somehow been overwritten.

4. Phydra

Phydra Avatar

Hmm. Just had a patch/update for the game via Steam and now, local is working.... hurray!

Still no Orb though. May I politely request assistance in receiving one? I really don't think I deleted or sold it, but since I'm not certain, I'm willing to accept the "bonehead" medal. (wry grin)

Solazur likes this.
  5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Investigating. Thanks. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.