Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Chat window Speech Bubble Icon needs purpose! How about... (also looks ripped from GW2)

Discussion in 'Release 40 Feedback Forum' started by Crazy Phil, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

The Speech Bubble Icon next to where we type what we want to say in-game could be a menu for browsing through the various forms of communication each account has access to. Local, Zone, Party, Guild... perhaps a few recent contacts as well? Click on the option and have it auto-populate the chat window so you can begin typing again!

This could be very useful for newer players who have not gotten used to typing /l rather than something like /say for local chat or /z instead of something like /yell for zone chat.

On a side note, perhaps these alternate forms of / should point to their synonyms as well?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Chatele likes this.
  2. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

Also... it looks almost exactly the same as Guild Wars 2's icon... just reversed...

[​IMG]

Is this a common icon for Chat Windows? I'm having a hard time finding any other game that uses it... Perhaps this icon needs to be redone?

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's probably something that's built into Unity.

4. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

I'm almost positive GW2 was created in a different engine than Unity. I also don't remember seeing that icon in Unity over the time I have been using it myself.

My guess is that GW2 was popular reference material in the early days of SotA.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.