City VS City Combat

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by los128, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. los128

los128 Avatar

I posted this too under the Dev forum but I want everyone to give me their two cents in this

Something I would love to see in SOTA would be city to city combat that is actually beneficial. The conquered city should have to pay a tax to its conqueror. The winning city is able to get specific resource farming areas with 3x yield, special dungeons, and control of strategic business routes like a certain ports for trade, markets etc...

I think it would be awesome that a city could declare war on another city. If it is a guild city it can be the guild leader to declare or a predefined election decided by the guild, or a non guild city were an election will have to take place. After war is declared each city should have a time frame lets say a week to prepare for the war and train the army for war. I know PVP has to be agreed on both sides in this game so the above reasons I believe should be beneficial enough for most to get involved, and if they do not want to then they do not get access to them or have to pay the victor city a fee to use the lands.

During this time of preparation inhabitants should pitch in money to hire an army.
    Army should have different types of soldiers and a max cap.
    Soldiers for x amount $
    Knights for $$
    Siege Weapon operators $$$
    Mages $$$
    Healers $$$$
    With a max per each category and a max total of troops so you have to strategize a little bit about what kind to hire and how many
    Smiths should have to provide armor and weapons for the army. The better the weapon that can be made the better it will hit and same with armor.
    Fletchers bows crossbow and arrows the better the bow or crossbow the same as smiths
    Carpenters carts to help move weps armor, and other goods for army
    Tailors leather armor for the archers, and cloth for the mages.
    Tamers supply the animals needed for the knights, and to pull the ballista and other siege equipment and transport equipment
    Smiths, tinkerers, and carpenters create ballista catapults canons and other siege like weapons together.
    Scribes scrolls for the mages and give simple healing scrolls to knight and higher troops
    Farmers / fisherman/ cooks farm the land catch the fish and cook the food to feed the army
    Alchemist create potions for cure's, heals, poison weapons etc...
    When it comes time to fight the towns people may either defend or go on the attack with their army.

To have villages and towns benefit also from this.
    Again a cap on contracts must be established. Lets say towns and villages could supply 70% of raw goods and 45% of finished goods.
    Villages and towns maybe hired to supply food for the army, gather resources and materials to help construction of weps siege equipment etc.
    This should be an open prepaid in game contract . Contract should have a game fee to help out with inflation of at least 10% in the beginning to maybe 20% after it is more established. Plus up to a 50% bonus per contract if x conditions are met (IE. x amount of weps in x time, or the higher end weps get paid at a premium, GM made goods get a premium, etc...) all paid upfront in game. The bonus money should be forfeit regardless is towns and villages are able to meet the conditions of the contract, or at least be penalized by say 50% to make you think if you really want the bonuses in their or are you good enough friends with your surrounding towns and villages that they will do it regardless.
    The contract should be individual for each thing like wood, ore, swords, horses etc... until all resources, food, finished goods like swords etc... any neighboring town and village should be able to supply goods until the fulfillment of the contract and the individual player may give their wares to the representative in each town or village from the city to be paid immediately. Remember bonuses should be in affect but it is also a risk that by waiting someone else could fill the contract.
    A bonus should be put in for speed and volume submitted to the contract
    Maybe the option to hire additional soldiers for the war from the town or village and again up to x amount and towns should have a higher total cap than villages.

Towns and Villages should have to store a considerable amount of the army goods for a price because the city would be maxed out well before it has full inventory, these prices will be up to towns and villages, or a max amount can be offered in order not to have prices gauged to high by the towns and villages.

Things on top of this I think would be cool to have. Spy missions to report what is happening on the other side so you can prepare a better defense. Anti spy missions to stop the reports or give false information.
    Food and other sabotage missions which can kill up to lets say 20% of the opposing army before they are able to leave their city for the war. Taste testers could be employed to help stop this but again it needs to have balance.
    Another idea that could be added is that you can train your troops for specialized soldiers like warrior level 2, 3,4 mage level 2,3,4 etc... in order for city inhabitants to choose to either gather resources them selves and save the money or pay the towns and villages in order to get better troops.

Finally, city inhabitants can fight and should to bring the army count higher. All non NPC fighters should be unlimited and if one side has more the other city should hire mercenaries from the villages and towns around them. Like all other game aspects healers should heal, mages cast more devastating destruction, archers shoot arrows, warriors fight, and for those who are not keened to fighting they are able to still fight by manning the siege weapons.

Any fees paid for this and contracts should all have a minimum amount that the game charges on top of the stated contract to help with inflation issues.

Let me know what you guys think
    -Los
    UO Pacific

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.