Clerics and Warriors of the light (or Darkness)

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by blaquerogue, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I think that these type toons should have to give to the church of whatever gods they fight for, and get special abilities based on those gods, but i think its a must to go to different religious places and give offerings or help wounded players (and NPCs) in turn they will get special abilitites grnted by thier gods. I also think that if you play a certain way and it doesnt match your (alignment there should be consequences) Just an idea

2. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

There are no classes in this game, so there would need to be other mechanics for it. I don't think religious affiliation/gods has ever played a large role in Ultimas, but who knows what the story will be here? I'm not thinking it will in this game either.

Supernatural beings seems to be more of the dark variety in Ultima - at least it seems to me. A lot of demons vs. few (if any?) angels.

Also, there is no "alignment" but there is the virtue system which will affect every player in the game.

MalakBrightpalm likes this.
  3. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

The ultima games just had an abstract virtue. You meditate at the shrine of humility "lum".

It would be possible to make game where you chose some focus: e.g. virtue vs magic vs technology. But I doubt that. I think it's more likely virtue (love) vs virtue (truth) vs virtue (courage). Perhaps your quest is to "conquer" all of them.

4. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

I cannot see RG limiting all healing to priests and paladins as you describe them, thus I imagine there being other ways to get a character who can heal. Given that, I believe that very few players outside of RP will choose to make a character who must give money to a fake, digital religion. They would opt for the build that lets them NOT give lots of money to some "church". More for them.

Now, if they ARE RPers, then they can give money to a player controlled central organization, have a hierarchy of PC priests, and put the money to charitible purposes, as well as proselytize thier religions, and a number of other things. That however, is purely RP.

I don't think the system should be built into the game and attached to healers, let the RP crowds who want it institute it.

Vyrinor and Knoxinn like this.
  5. Knoxinn

Knoxinn Avatar

Having to pay gold in order to heal others just seems...wrong. The fact that players chose character classes that heal and support other players is actually pretty amazing when you think about it for a minute. To virtually penalize players like this by forcing them to throw hard earned gold away...no, I can't support that.

6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i was purly going along the lines of D&D most clerics and paladins (even Druids) are required to give offers (no matter how large or small)to thier god 9or natures in druids case)to get special powers above what they already have, most paladins are not allowed to fund themselves except for needed items, such as food and armor and weapons. that was just a suggestion you dont charge people to heal them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.