Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Client crashes when exiting game

Discussion in 'Release 27 Bug Forum' started by Scraps MacMutt, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

1. Title: Client crashes when exiting game
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: The game client crashes (stops responding) whenever I exit the game. I see the following error from Windows: An unhandled win32 exception occurred in Shroud of the Avatar.exe[6876]. Visual Studio provides the following debug info: Unhandled exception at 0x00000000051519A8 in Shroud of the Avatar.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD8. I never had this problem on my PC in Release 26 and earlier versions.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Play game for a couple hours then exit using the Quit button.
    6. User Specs: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 32 GB RAM, 2 x GTX TITAN X in SLI, Client version SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.385.Date.02.26.15 (Steam version).

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Is this issue still occurring for you as of the most recent patch? Thank you for reporting.

3. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

No, the client hasn't crashed during exit lately. I'll provide another update if that changes. Thanks!

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

This issue still occurs to me.. I start to suspect that it's related to the crash from recall/teleport and that using recall/teleport itself isn't an issue, but rather has to do with screen changing from the dungeon/cave instances.

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
  5. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

Yep, the client crashed on me again tonight while zoning back to my town. :(

6. Daggoth2

Daggoth2 Avatar

I still randomly crash as well, Windows 10 Pro here. I crash when exiting scenes mostly, sometimes I crash just standing still, and I even crash when exiting game, ie., click quit and before I get to desktop, game throws up a crash error.

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.