Client Side Equipment toggles!

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Lathiari, Oct 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

If there is one thing I can't stand about a virtual world it's when the art direction and visual identity of the world aren't coherent. Within shroud currently we have this beautiful renaissance world with castles and towers, magic and mysticism, Knights and Squires, Lords and Ladies. For the longest time the things in this world were practical, hats and armor and clothing seemed to be what you might expect to see in such a land but lately I find that I am disliking allot of the things coming out of our add-on store - specifically "Wings".

Look, I get it - fantasy is a very very broad term and everyone here is going to have a laundry list of things that they consider acceptable and to their taste. What I propose here is that the developers simply allow us the option to turn off certain visual pieces of equipment on a client side level. This way, if you wan't to pretend you are princess fairybottom of the fairyfolk tribe you can do that all day long but I don't have to stare at your awkward and visually out of place wings.

SO maybe the wings don't bother you, but maybe you say "hey, I would like it if people weren't constantly wearing their helmets in town" ok, so we can add a client side toggle for that too! Or hey, maybe you don't like the look of cloaks - toggle for that as well! There really is an opportunity here for everyone to be happy with their surroundings while still allowing players to express the intended visual identity of their character. I shudder to think how far the add on store will go in muddying the waters. Wings are one thing, but what if they start adding T shirts and Yoga pants? What if they start selling framed meme's for your house? When will the madness end?!?!?

2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah, I'd just like a hide helmet toggle, since most of them look awful.
    Don't get me wrong, they look like helmets, they are just ugly helmets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.