Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Client stutters and/or crashes when combat data is being parsed.

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Dulayne, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

4/16/2018 6:59 PM
    Title: Client stutters and/or crashes when combat data is being parsed.
    Reproduction Rate: Consistent
    Blocker? Last night in the lost vale, it only degraded performance, today in Hilt Fortress it did due to CTD.
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce: Kill creatures, nameplates and health bars on

Basically it feels to me that whenever a creature is killed or an action is performed, the client hangs during that instruction. From time to time this crashes the client.

This was happening last night in the last vale instance, I noticed the stutters and poor performance especially when there were a lot of creatures on screen. I would turn off the nameplates etc via the hotkey and the performance would improve.

Today I was in Hilt Fortress with a party and two times in a few minutes after a few hits , the client would hang and then CTD. So whenever data is being sent/received during combat, something is likely being handled incorrectly. This was happening today to a few of us.

If you would like to see any more information, I could build some stream footage from my Twitch Stream to show you how badly it is affected. Just let me know at Keith@themovcrowd.net or Twitch.Tv/Dulayne and I will do the best I can do to help.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16267
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.760.Date.04.04.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Crossroads
    Area Display Name: Crossroads
    Loc: (124.4, 36.2, -240.7)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfENyb3Nzcm9hZHN8KDEyNC4zOSwgMzYuMTk1LCAtMjQwLjY2KXwoMCwgMC43MzQsIDAsIDAuNjc5KXw0NTQuOTk5NHw4LjI0MjgxNHw1LjEzNDAyMg==

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.