Closing the black hole

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oplek, Jan 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oplek

oplek Avatar

There's 4,346 threads in the wishlists forum.

Do any devs, who are able to make decisions, actually read through these? Or is this just where we're sent to shout into the void, to pester them less?

2020 is entirely planned out, and beyond, so maybe it's time to lock this forum so people stop wasting their time... or at least some MOTD that say the devs aren't accepting requests here anymore.

2. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I'd like to think they consider it a font of inspiration. I wouldn't expect them to give feedback on wish list items, unless they actually make some a reality.

3. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

It's a conversationalist place for players, other than that it's a waste of space and time. I haven't seen one dev comment on any of it or seen anything from it implemented. But if it gives people feel-good moment from posting their wishes here then more power to them.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

5. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

This is a wishlist... not a “mandatory things to do for the next iteration” list.

Your desires may differ of the business priorities and to be honest, I understand that devs use their time for something more ‘general public’ (e.g. episode 2) than my personal & spontaneous wishes. :)

6. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I guess it is true that the smaller the change and the easier to achieve the more likely your wish might come true…this way maybe a renaming of “Wishlist Request” to “small wishes” or something alike might be more fitting...but I'm not sure if that is needed.

arcdevil likes this.
  7. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

several of my wishlist have been completed. So yeah I would say they read them. However, mine tend to be a lot easier to implement than some of the others I see.

8. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

After just joining the team, I can see its hard to keep up with things. These dev's spend a ton of time interacting with the community yet still manage to get a lot done. Funny you should make this comment, because just yesterday I added to my to-do list to generate a monthly report of common feedback & wish list items. We won't have time to comment on everything posted by any means, but once I get ready to collect data for that report (soon), you'll at least see me chime in here and there in this Wishlist area to let you know it was seen -- in the least, a" winky" or post "like' :)

Off I go for more forum mod. Once I get caught up and trained on things, you'll be hearing a lot more from your community manager. Gimme time! ;)

9. oplek

oplek Avatar

Was the plan for that to be posted publicly, or strictly an internal action? It may sound strange, but echoing back what the community has said back at them I think would be positively received.

Elgarion likes this.
  10. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

How/Why are wishlist items added into the game when there are issues such as the journal, maps, vendor UI issues that really need addressing and have been shouted by every player here and long gone? You would think wishlist items are saved when time permits, such as when all of the quarterly 2020 items are implemented and things that aren't currently finished (fishing, dungeons) still need addressing. Just my opinion.

11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Doesn't hurt to take note of popular requests for future implementation. Wishlist items were added into the game before maps fishing and dungeons existed. It's been an ongoing thing.

12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Perhaps even use it to gauge popularity of things, by putting out a monthly poll or something.

13. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Most likely because the dev who was implementing the wish was not in charge of working on journal, maps or vendor UI. ;)

14. Oracle Watcher

Oracle Watcher Avatar

Bzzt, thread moved to General Discussion.

15. Elgarion

Perhaps a summarized version, yes. Good idea :) Be patient though, I still have many tasks I have to learn and catch up on. BUT rest assured when I start accumulating more (I've already started on a spreadsheet from people saying things on my stream), I'll be going back a considerable distance to see any popular wish list items many months ago as well. Give me some time to get my feet wet :) Feel free to nudge me later if you think I've forgotten. But how could I? It's on my to-do list! :p

Not all devs work on the same things or have the same capabilities. Just because an artist adds a new cool deco asset doesn't mean less time was spent on bug fixes by a dev with that skill set, for instance.

Alrighty, looks like the almighty flying version Oracle Watcher moved this for more watching. Be kind to one another! (And to us please). ;)

Paladin Michael, Numa, Prada and 5 others like this.
  16. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I can tell you over the last 5 years I have seen many wishes end up in the game. As I always say in my Streams when I see ideas that one day we will have this one day... but when is when it happens.

17. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

Well, 2020 and beyond doesn't cover all of beyond, does it?

It is 2020 and a bit of beyond.

Perhaps the wish list will inspire changes to the game beyond the bit of beyond. It doesn't hurt to keep it around in any case.

Elgarion likes this.
  18. Elgarion

I just moved Wishlist Requests in the forums to show in the primary listing. I want it to be more visible as I'll be diving into those very soon to track. Target is my weekend morning project.

19. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

Be careful to avoid being that cup of water that is poured on a tabletop that heads all directions at once...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.