Clothing options

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gooseboy, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gooseboy

Gooseboy Avatar

Hey all, now I'm not sure if this has covered and I have not found a thread, so I will pester anyway:
    Will there be a range of clothing styles available?

If you are going to be around town, kicking about, making things or hitting the tavern you most likely won't be in armour (unless you have intentions to murder) and a range of styles to suit your characters story or background would be cool.

Say for an example, you buy the Viking house and want a Norse styled character, a nice cloth Norse outfit will greatly enhance the "immersion" plus being an ex re-enactor of the 14th century, I kinda would preferto go for the less fantasy elements of the outfits.

2. smack

smack Avatar

Clothing / gear is going to be a Big Thing for this game, it seems. Along with house decorations. Give it time, more will appear in the store.

But as there is a viking house, very good point about having an outfit to match that style of architecture. We've yet to see druid or wizard outfits to match their homes too.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Time Lord, smack and Miracle Dragon like this.
  4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Some months back the team was exploring several different styles of outfits. While I don't believe there were many ethnic styles represented there was a good range.. from tribal to renaissance and a bit of fantasy and that was to start with. I don't expect to see much more than that at launch but I do expect they will be adding new content regularly. Especially if/when they improve the submission / review process for assets they ought to be able to crowd source clothes and other items.

Of course we can also mix and match to some degree among the 5 major clothing slots.. feet, legs, torso, hands and head.

Time Lord and Miracle Dragon like this.
  5. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I definitely see this as being a huge part of the game. Playing dress up helps tremendously with RP elements, like you say. Player made clothing hopefully is capable of distinguishing different styles during the crafting process and I know there are dying processes as well, so various colors for each item will be available for sure. I know they've talked about theaters in the towns and providing costumes for the actors to be able to wear while performing. All this will take time, but I trust it's in the list of things to do.. I'm sure it will come secondary, but it will come..

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I imagine the core features will be finished during alpha with fine tuning and focus on content during the beta. Purely speculative on my part..

Yes there are up to 3 dyeable colors. I wonder if they might be extended to patterns/textures as well? Interesting thought.

Miracle Dragon and NirAntae like this.
  7. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Ooh.. patterns:
    Argyle! Chantilly Lace! Roses! Gingham! Houndsooth! Paisley! Plaid! Quilted! Anthemion! Batik! Cartouche! Celtic knot! Check! Chequer! Herringbone! Striped! Counterchange! Diamond! Dotted swiss! Egg & Dart! Fleur-de-lis! Greek-Key! Frieze! Guilloche! Herati! Hound's Tooth! Interlocking (tessellations)! Trellis! Millefleurs! Ogee! Trefoil! Quatrefoil! Clamshells! Sinusoidal! Vermicular!

erm.. yes, please. :)

8. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

*** thinks: I read this as clothing optional... I think I'm in the wrong thread. ***

"I would like to be able to create cloths that look somewhat like the materials I'm using"

*** backs away from the post slowly to not be "exposed" ***

NirAntae likes this.
  9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Well I know it can be done.. I hate to point to anything EA made but Sims 3 has this ability. The item has a standard 3-4 color palette you can 'dye'.. but you can dye them patterns that each have their own user definable colors. So you can change a shirt from white cotton to zebra stripped pink and orange leather if you wanted.

I don't really think SotA is going quite that far for EP1.. but I could imagine that level of detail working it's way in somehow. Perhaps through crafting we'll be able to define the basic patterns/materials?

Kuno Brauer and Miracle Dragon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.