Column + Stone Block = Suspended Floor?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Vallin Tregres, Nov 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

For the life of me I cannot figure how to do this. What trick is needed to stack a stone block wall on a stone column horizontally so that it forms a suspended floor? You can find an entire building made of stone blocks in Owls Head and I’m interested in using such a technique in my Theatre to create balcony seating.

Thanks in advance!

2. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Just an update to this with a possible answer. First, if wanting to make a floor, get 3x (1/4/4) blocks and a block wider block, such as a (4/4/4) to place as a base piece. Bring one of the (1/4/4) and place it's edge connecting to the (4/4/4), then slide the second (1/4/4) as far as it will go and still connected to the first (1/4/4), which is usually half way before it switches to the (4/4/4) block. Move these connected 2 (1/4/4) away and place the 3rd in the same position you had the first with it's edge touching the (4/4/4) block. Hover the connected 2 (1/4/4) over the 3rd and slide it with the top piece facing AWAY from the (4/4/4) and angling more over the 3rd (1/4/4). You will notice you can slide the 2x (1/4/4) further than you could before. Remove the top (1/4/4) and repeat this process until you can get 2x (1/4/4) to connect at the tip.

It's much easier to do than to explain. Here are some examples as I cycle through the sliding points.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Spoon likes this.
  3. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Here's one method I've come across in my experiments.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.