Combat balance early in the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chastain, Jul 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

Either I was sorely mistaken that the catacombs of Soltown were a beginning level area or the game is very unbalanced for newbies. I just want to find a good place to start where I am not ganged up on by 2 or 3 skeletons and killed in 3 shots. Where is a good starter area outside of Solace Bridge?

FrostII likes this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

All three outskirts are great beginner zones. They have quests which will give you a decent bump in experience, and enemies that should be easy enough for you to fight! Solace Bridge Outskirts, Highvale Outskirts and Blood River Outskirts.

Jaesun and FrostII like this.
  3. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

Ok, so where do we get the founders gear we are supposed to get. I think that will help.

4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

If you are supposed to get founders gear, you will be able to obtain that from your rewards. Top right corner of your screen, there is a chest "menu" called Rewards. Any type of reward that hasn't been claimed yet should be there now. One thing that I can say is that crafter gear, even the most basic of it, will usually outweigh Founders gear by a lot, so you can either find yourself a player merchant selling low level gear, or hit me up ingame, same name ingame as on the forums, and I can give you some old gear I still have.

Food and buffs will help a lot too. In most player owned towns you will find devotional shrines, by jumping in these shrines, you will receive 8 hour long buffs which can help your gameplay, and most used food will give you 4-8 hour buffs. combine these with your caster buffs and slightly better gear and you should be good to go!

FrostII and Cordelayne like this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Do you use heavy armor or light armor? What is your main source of dps, like are you ranged, blades, magic? Have you worked up your defensive skills and do you keep your buffs up?

FrostII likes this.
  6. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

Yes, I am a founder and am supposed to get gear but I show no rewards. Who can I refer to?
    Should I open a support ticket?

FrostII likes this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Maybe check your bank first? They were maybe already claimed previously and are sitting there. Also, check on your account page (ShroudoftheAvatar.com > Log In) and if you find nothing, yes message support.

Jaesun and FrostII like this.
  8. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

Yeah, maybe the bank. I remember claiming something a while ago but I have since had to restart the game. Where is the nearest bank.,

9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Pretty much every town will have one. Player Owned Towns have the tendency to drop a banker at the entrance, so that can be a nice spot to try first. In Soltown, the banker is in the Tavern by Arabella.

FrostII likes this.
  10. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

Ok, I didn't realize the rewards were only for online characters. They should be available for offline ones too I think.

11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

They should be! I remember starting an Offline Character and managed to claim all my rewards and Crown Store Purchases. Also, good info about playing Offline, changes the tips I can give ya!

Since you cannot find POT in the Offline mode, the bank I remember the most is Soltown inside the Tavern, it is an Automaton. Otherwise, most towns should have a bank building (represented by the signs, you will learn to recognize it). Try going there!

Also, if this is a second character, maybe look in your first characters inventory!

FrostII likes this.
  12. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

They should be, but some folks (me included) have had difficulty claiming them in offline.

13. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Aside from the outskirts, you can also check out these places:
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Scene_Difficulty/Tier_1_Scenes

There's a similar list for Tier 2 scenes. Make sure to check the color of the scene name before you enter it (or when it doesn't allow you to do that, right after you enter it, so you can back out if necessary :) ).

If you're playing offline, the founder gear and I think some of the other rewards should be available from the regular vendor shops (although not the ones in Soltown, since they're not cosmopolitan enough). But as was already said, the founder gear is only cosmetic, it's not going to give you an advantage in combat.

14. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

There should be a Claim Rewards button in the rewards Chest icon window. It used to be at the bank but was changed to the chest icon.

I have claimed rewards both online and offline.

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

Hmm, I simply cannot find it

16. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

It's the chest icon on the very top right corner of the in-game screen.

17. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

Oh yes that's the one I was looking at. No rewards there.

18. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Hmmmm...So it isn't there or in your bank account? Is that right? Is this for online or offline play?

19. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

Right. I can only get the stuff in my online char.

20. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Dang, I have no idea then. I have played extensively offline and have been able to claim all my stuff. That is super odd.

I would say submit a support ticket, but getting a response isn't always easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.