Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Combat Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 29 Dev+' started by Andrew Rodrick, Apr 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

I‘m on board with the move to action combat however it’s not there yet and needs more shakedown before it functions as I would expect it to. Here are my initial thoughts on the change and issues that need addressed:

1). Crosshair visible when out of combat; at the very least it would be better to have it fade out to be semi-transparent when not in combat.

2). It would be better to have the crosshair completely hidden on the overworld map as no combat takes place there.

3). No target tooltip when putting the crosshair over an intractable including but not limited to travel boats.

4). When talking to NPC’s it feels clunky having to manually press CTRL to click on highlighted text in the chat box.

5). Looting is frustrating and feels clunky due to having no option to put the crosshair over the corpse and hit a hotkey.

6). Camera perspective feels off especially when trying to target into the distance.

7). No spell range indication, It is frustrating to cast a spell as a mage only to find you are out of range and nothing happens, being able to identify if your target is in range is important.

8). Blink (and possibly other abilities) need a rework as trying to place the ground target is very difficult and not intuitive. Having Blink function as a transportation forward spell without the ground target requirement (like WoW) would probably function better with action combat.

9). There is now no discard card key with ctrl being used for pointer mode. I use this key regularly and find its loss frustrating.

10). The r key no longer functions to build combos and you are unable to use the new method if you use a Naga mouse for gameplay which makes this almost impossible for me to use.

11). Other devices like trackballs are apparently impossible to use also according to guild mates.

12). As a side note, the attunement changes are great although not related to the action combat!

Kendric.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    OmniFusion1, Weins201, Beli and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.