Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Combat: Health bar & Damage numbers

Discussion in 'Release 5 Feedback' started by Carlin the Druid Archer, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

I did like the immersion factor of having the Dot color (in R4) to indicate the enemies health but it was difficult to see how much damage was done without visual cues.

Until (unless) they come up with a good visual way to show how much damage is done per blow I hope they keep the numbers that float up showing damage, but move back to the colored dot damage indicator. This way, it keeps some immersion in that you don't know the enemies 'exact' health, but you can get an idea from the Dot and can also get an idea of how much damage you are inflicting per blow via the numbers.

This keeps immersion because you would be able to kind of tell the extent of injury you are inflicting on an enemy (okay, so it wouldn't be little numbers floating up, but it will have to do).

I really enjoyed the beginnings of real combat system in R5 an like the way they are going with the spell effects, skills etc. Can't wait for the ability to 'Duel' with each other.

Jambo, Time Lord and Morkul like this.
  2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Floating numbers, bars and texts have always been immersion breakers for me. So I hope that they manage to get the visual wounds in and remove those combat floaties and health bars.
    But I know many people who get overly excited when they see floating numbers and health bars as then they can calcualte the damage they do and be more effective in the game... I never understood that...

3. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Darkmoon, I kind of agree, visual clues would be best... visuals that give you an 'idea' of the damage done, rather than the actual number but in the mean time numbers are fine I think.

Jambo and Time Lord like this.
  4. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

You can disable the bars and floating numbers; I don't expect models to have damage states as it would just take too much time unless they went the simple route of covering the model in blood or something.

5. Borg

Borg Avatar

I have no problem with floating numbers as far as we have a way to disable them.
    Anyway I prefer visual and audio clues, on damage done, that would be great.

6. scorn

scorn Avatar

I would like to see the targeting system allow for me to move the mose, and rotate with out losing my last target, and maybe let it so i dent have to click my action bar before i can use my keys, That being said im sure you guys are aware of this since it is a pre alfa and that's just my views on it its looking good keep up the good work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.