Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Combat sluggishness/lag and just weird stuff

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

In R26 I am experiencing really weird things in combat most of the time, I assume because of lag.
    Symptoms:
    • I will be fighting a mob at close range and suddenly it disappears into thin air. I look around, confused, but then find it some distance away fighting with my pet or someone else.
    • I keep losing my targets in the middle of a battle. I will be shooting fire arrows at a mob that is in range, and suddenly it is no longer targeted, even if it hasn't moved. I frantically hit the TAB key to regain the target while I'm casting my spells. Many an innocent bunny rabbit has become the unintentional target of my magic because of this :oops:
    Both of the above symptoms kept happening while fighting the troll at the Ruined Keep today.

The third annoying thing is related to my combat bar:
    • Skills being fired from my combat bar are subject to terrible lag. More often than not, I have to click on a glyph more than once to get it to fire. Often I am unable to stack glyphs. I try to drag one on top of another, but it is like dragging the glyphs out of quicksand. By the time I am able to stack a glyph and finally click on the stacked glyph to fire it off, other party members have performed 4 or 5 actions. It makes it look like I'm standing around doing nothing. :(

Chatele, Gurney2, Leostemplar and 2 others like this.
  2. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

I've also (on Win7) been getting lag spikes in combat and experiencing the difficulty firing a glyph by clicking on it. Interestingly, using the numbers to fire the glyphs rather than clicking is 100% reliable.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Ive been playing intensely for like 5 days now on the linux client, and mostly doing combat, and experience none of these problems. In fact, combat is smoother for me than it ever has been.

Occasionally, a mob "realizes" its too far from its spawn point, and runs back there at light speed. I could see some people perceiving this as teleportation if there is lag at that moment. I doubt this explains the symptoms youre experiencing, though.

Dirk Hammerstrike and Kara Brae like this.
  4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I didn't have this problems with earlier releases, either. Windows 10 is still not an officially supported OS, so that might be part of the problem in conjunction with my graphics driver. Leashing is not the problem.

Oba Evesor likes this.
  5. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

As said above, the lag in the interface is only there from using mouse. Just to see my point use your numbers and press the"R" key to stack glyphs. You will notice no lag at all.. Stacking or firing off spells. Now when trying to mouse click there are issues. This is a new bug with R26. I would bug report it next time, as I have as well.

Balec Fares deCani and Kara Brae like this.
  6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I'll try using the number keys and report back.

7. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I use mouse clicks and numbers interchangeably. Depends on how my hands feel at the moment. On linux client, I notice no difference.

8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

On the overworld map, does anyone else notice a weird sort of surging movement? It's like my avatar gains a bit of speed every second step, this just started occurring this release...

9. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

I am experiencing the same lag in combat. I will charge a mob and its already 5 feet behind me. This was not occurring in the previous release for me either.

Sqrink, Gurney2 and Kara Brae like this.
  10. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

Yup, im experimenting lag spikes too, not even when fighting but also when decorating.

Kara Brae likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.