Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Combat Suggestion: Useful Slugs instead of Auto-Attack & Start Everyone with Auto-Deck

Discussion in 'Release 17 Feedback' started by Crazy Phil, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

Let's talk about Combat more! :)

Currently, Slugs no longer do any damage... they're just these weird placeholders that we get rid of quickly. I really think we were on to something with Slugs being basic attacks though, at least for New Players getting the hang of the Glyph System and not relying on the traditional locked bar and auto-attack system of old.

Offhand Attack is a great example of what a melee Slug should probably feel like. A cheap low damage attack. Imagine that. If your Deck started with 5 slots, full of Slugs with maybe a Thrust and a Double Attack, you'd probably get the hang of the Glyph System fairly quickly. Combos and all. Slugs should probably be stack-able as well, just like Offhand Attack.

Imagine a player choosing not to max out their Glyph-count just so they could have a few Slugs instead of spending points in Tactics for Off-Hand Attack. Suddenly Slugs sound less like a punishment. ;)

I haven't played much with Magic, but I imagine it'd be the same. If you were full of reagent-dependent spells, you may want to leave room for a few "Magic Arrow" Slugs in your deck. The automatic wand-mage of WoW is pretty ridiculous.

Auto-Attack disconnects us from our characters. It makes people feel like they're giving their characters orders from afar rather than feeling like they are actually their characters. So let's give the Slug an icon it can be proud of and finally put Auto-Attack out of its misery! Huzzah! :D

**Paid for by the Committee to Remove Auto-Attack from Games** #giveslugsachance #sluglife

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.