Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Combat

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by Valiant, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiant

Valiant Avatar

This is my first time playing SOTA, I previously played ultima online and i still have my best memories of gaming from ultima online.
    Anyways, so far this release has been pretty awesome, its rough but i see alot of potential.
    Heres just a few things that have been a little bit of a nuisance:
    1. The combat system seems strange and very awkward to learn, it feels a little constrained, its a new idea so maybe i need to play with it more but i just feel like i want abilities that i can use at my own will at any time that cost me mana or something. (sounds typical i know but typical isnt always bad)
    2. The nighttime lasts a long time, i do agree with having a night, i think it could be a little shorter, and i think its neat to have the transition from day to night. It isnt just a subtle night either its like pitch black on my screen, that could have more to do with my own settings though.
    3. There is a ton of detail in housing and crafting (this is good), i know thats what alot of players want. But where are the monsters? I found skeletons bears and deer so far. I know its still prealpha so i dont want to sound ignorant about it, im just looking for some neat fantasy type monsters or something to kill and havent been able to really find them.
    Its been fun so far though and im still learning the game. Just wanted to provide a little feedback.

Isaiah [MGT] likes this.
  2. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

They are working primarily on combat in these current releases. So give more feedback on your combat experience. Be honest. Don't be afraid that somebody will call you stupid or anything. Just be honest. I've also had some issues with combat. So you're not alone. The dev team needs the real feedback. If anybody tries to bully you or belittle that's their problem.

3. Kraxtor

Kraxtor Avatar

Welcome Valiant! Do be honest. Give constructive feedback, and not just gripes or complaints, and it will likely be received well. We are, all of us, working to help make a game we can all enjoy and be proud of.

As Isaiah stated above, you are not alone. Combat needs refinement, and many (myself included) would prefer a more "traditional" approach. I'm sure you've read by now, but there are ways to lock skills to an action bar slot. They will cost more focus/reagents, but it can be done. It's not perfect, but there's some flexibility in the system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.