Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Combo creation proposal

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Borg, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borg

Borg Avatar

As it works right now, creating combos is quite unpleasant.
    So I have this proposal.

We have 2 kinds of combos:

-Staking combos.
    -Combination Combos.

Staking combos. (Lower focus cost)

Double tapping keyboard shortcut or Double clicking glyph.
    - All glyphs of the same type in your Deck get stacked in the slot you taped/clicked.

Combination Combo. ( Deals extra effect )

When 2 glyphs can be combined to create a combo effect I propose this method.

Right now you first have to create the combo and after that you can use it.

My proposal: You use Glyph A, right after you use Glyph B , the system detects the sequence and the combo effect is triggered.(You have to use the correct glyph sequence, I mean Glyph A+B wont necessarily deliver the same effect as Glyph B+A this way we have more combo options).

The random draw system also allows creating combos on the fly, lets say you have no combo in your deck
    you use Glyph A, but suddenly Glyph B appears in your Deck, you can use it to create the combo sequence.

2. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Yes I 100% think this would be better than the current prototype model. This kind of game depends already on a lot of mouse clicking and do now have more to do is almost too much, I think.

I like this idea (1st idea) I think it is a natural addition/enhancement of the current method.

This method of the AI autodetecting your commands would make sense and should be capable of implementing a whole range of simple or complex combos and other general combat utility.

In some games there is often a defend or attack mentality which I think could help, also. Such as if your character was simply to "defend" it would have some defensive measures enabled and in some cases could even assist the player in stacking and with combos and reagents.

Ohh and the last thing is that it would be also handy if combat could be more easily done via handheld devices.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

so how would I get a 3 stack- sorry but this is your flaw.

Yes more work needs and can be done on Combos / Stacking, both now do not even work. Have you had a combo actually do more damage than either of the individual skills. Haven't tried inn R12 but in R11 a combo actually was doing 10% damage of on of its individual skills.

This game has NO business even trying to cater to a Hand held device sorry.

4. Borg

Borg Avatar

Flaw? , where? Ofc Stacks would be limited to your hand size, but that is not my flaw.

I don't get your concern about hand held devices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.