1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Combos

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by FBohler, Mar 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

In order to make it more appealing for less experienced players, how about adding the ability to place a combo in a static deck?
    On top of that, how about placing a combo in a dynamic deck, so it is able to pull one skill, and when the second is available it'll combine them automatically in such deck spot. This would enable for feasible combo stacking, which is very difficult in the current state.

Lazlo, FrostII, Vaiden Luro and 7 others like this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

That would be neat and especially helpful to players with problems with their hands. From what others have told me, stacking skills and combos are near impossible for someone with a disability like that. And players with quick hands would find this useful as well. I think combos in general could use some attention.

3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:) Very good clickey awarness :) :thumbs up:
    [​IMG]
    Low Click Develoment
    Very Virtuous Indeed!

In my view, I do think we need an increase in clickey awarness development.

This particular suggestion serves many, the top as well as the botton, which means a win-win for everyone.

Clickey development in specific low click skills still remains mostly within the innate with Flurry being the active centerpiece in most all low click builds.

Other more tanky low click builds suffer from the healing regeneration rates of creatures, which I think does not need to be messed with because there are just no slow auto swing builds that have significant enough power to be very good for anyone to effectively play. I think the suggestion made here could change that and allow more low click builds in heavy armor to become combat viable.

The Side-Kick, Never the Hero:
    Low click builds should always be kept to "side kick" level and never overtake the click/button talented, but we do want our side-kicks strong enough to hunt with us and this suggestion goes a long way to making that more possible.

Thank You!
    ~TL~

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    FBohler and Vaiden Luro like this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Possibly. With appropriately slow stack times. (Not like, bard skills slow. Just enough that manually comboing glyphs is still the ideal way to do it.) I'd love to have access to combos, though.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I'm fairly dexterous and I still have never found it worth it to use combos other than when there were skills that were totally broken.

I really like the idea of combo skills, and I think most people probably do, but it's just so much going on at once that it's mind melting to try to use while also moving and paying attention to what's going on around you. It's not impossible, but it could definitely be a lot be a lot more user friendly without hurting anything.

FrostII, FBohler and Time Lord like this.
  6. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Had an idea awhile back I called glyph accumulation but it only seemed useful for people using the keyboard.. not sure if this would work the same way for both locked and unlocked slots, but lets use locked slot 1 and 2 as an example.

Slot 1: Thrust
    Slot 2: Double Slash

So you would press keys 1+2 and both slots charge the Quadruple Slash combo, this creates a smaller icon between slot 1 and 2 and then when you release the keys it launches the combo. maybe the combo starts at lvl 3 to encourage people to use them? might be OP not sure. The pic below basically shows someone that is specialized in Swordmanship so it's charged to lvl 6.

[​IMG]

For unlocked decks, just hold down slot 1 and 2 and the glyphs start dropping into the combo.. maybe it's a little faster and it can do half stacks..
    eg: quadruple slash

actually should work on a multi-button mouse too by binding slot 1 and 2 to 1 mouse key. also for this to work I think stacking glyphs would need to be sped up quite a bit.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    FBohler likes this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Some of them are very good, especially the ones that were buffed last time, like Splintering Strike. Evaporate and flame bash are two others I know are very effective and worth comboing, but I agree, making combos more accessible and useful would be great.

FBohler, Lazlo, Barugon and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.