Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Come on guys.. chain lightning....

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by 2112Starman, Aug 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Once again in R32, nothing has been done to stop chain lightning even at these early skill levels for critting me for 200+ hp which is utterly ridiculous. It still stunned me too (although that bug was fixed).

This skill is utterly over powered.

Im earth, Earthquake should be as powerful as chain lighting, massive crits and stun.

Pol, you need to fix this... which is why once again... everyone is going to chain lighting still in persistence.

PvP tourneys are one air mage after another.

/rant off

Acred likes this.
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Chain lightning has already had its stun super nerfed and its cost significantly increased.
    If you're getting crit that high, the person hitting you has probably got very high air attunement/skill level/dex. This can be addressed by having more air attunement/defense/air resistance.

Acred and Lord Baldrith like this.
  3. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Whoever is hitting you must have a high level chain lightning, high DEX, and have it stacked multiple times or something. No low level will ever do that kind of damage to you with it. My Chain Lightning at level ~55 crits for about 72 right now unstacked. It also costs up to 20 focus per use and has a 16% reagent use chance. Stun is at about 45% for 3.8 seconds. The biggest negatives to chain lightning is its huge focus cost and high reagent use. Earth spells can hit just as hard and cost less focus. The only thing they're missing compared to Air is the stun. Hence why their focus cost is half that of Air. In fact, I think Obsidian Arrow actually does more damage than Lightning at the same skill level and has no reagent cost unlike Lightning.

Acred and Lord Baldrith like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.