Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Concerns about the fancy effects. (Photosensitivity concerns)

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by TheWanderingPoet, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

While most people can handle the flashy fancy graphics of modern games, there are others who can't. One of the people I introduced to this game in the hopes she would have a wonderful RP community to interact with and enjoy, wont be able to play this game due to seizure risk. Photo-sensitivity, which is often triggered by strobing lights, flashes of light, or even just repeated changes of light can cause this issue among many other triggers.

Is there any possibility of being able to implement an option of removing all the flashy graphics? Doing so would allow for even photosensitive people to play your game. It could be an option within the settings to allow those who can not handle it to be able to play your game.

Even for someone like myself who is not photosensitive some of the effects can be disorienting, such as being hit by multiple fireballs, and often times give me a bad headache.

I know catering a setting to a very small percentage of the population probably isn't worth your time, but I hope you will consider this. So few games are available for this type of person, and those that are available are typically of very poor quality, or single player.

I was told I should tag @Chris and @DarkStarr to this post, though I don't know if this will do that.

For more info, this link should help to understand why I have concerns: http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/triggers-seizures/photosensitivity-and-seizures

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this.

Leelu likes this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

This could be one of the graphic settings for those with low spec computer as well. I play SotA occasionally on my surface pro 2. Overall it runs OK until I get into the combat with spell users or go into the zone with lots of smoke. Without those effects the game will be more playable for those low end machines.

Also would adjusting brightness and saturation help at all?

3. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

If a game is just generally bright it would be fine, but I've noticed she has problems with changes in brightness. Like with the fireballs it gets very bright and then returns to normal. I found that it was worse in the darker zones, as when it's in broad daylight there wasn't as big of a light change, whereas in the dark it's almost blinding. Get 2-3 mages attacking you and it creates a strobe-light effect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.