Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Constant Hesistation

Discussion in 'Release 38 Bug Forum' started by Sir Brenton, Feb 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Brenton

Sir Brenton Avatar

I thought this was a known issue (posted about this in the past), but talking to @Chris in discord this apparently isn't something you guys may be aware of. I sent him links to these files, but want to post for others.

This is what keeps me frustrated about moving around and taking combat seriously, etc.

End up staring at the sky or ground about 300 times per game session..most often when things are critical, like landing that hit on that jerk of an archer.

http://www.danielbrentoncole.com/misc_files/sota_hesitation_002.mp4

http://www.danielbrentoncole.com/misc_files/sota_hesitation_003.mp4

Warning, these are 80mb each, for those bandwidth conscious. The example hesitation happens about midway for both.

P.S. I know of 3 others who have this issue, not sure how widespread - but not just me.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  2. Sir Brenton

Sir Brenton Avatar

*BUMP*

can we get an acknowledement on this maybe?

This is really painful for me and my group of friends.

3. pyro660

pyro660 Avatar

In R38, ive been experiencing 'freezes'... when in a fight, performing various tasks. Game just seems to stop. Its like a 1-2sec pause. Super annoying. Ive seen something similar in another game and folks there referred to it as a memory leak. Got worse the longer you were logged in. What im seeing here is pretty consistent.

chuck5086 and Sir Brenton like this.
  4. Rational

Rational Avatar

Would be nice to see your system specs for people who are having issues here. This definitely could be hardware related.

5. Sir Brenton

Sir Brenton Avatar

I have posted my specs on this issue before. As mentioned I have also tried different machines and configurations. This isn't one PC doing this. I would love to work with a Dev or someone on this to resolve. I personally feel this is related to sound playback or some form of it.

6. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

This same exact thing happens to me!

I have a custom build: Samsung 850 PRO SSD, dual SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290X 8GB Tri-X in crossfire, intel CPU/moboard (both overclocked), 32GB RAM, 21:9 monitor freesync off, Corsair keyboard and mouse.

I've been using the GPUs for more than a year now - keeping drivers up to date so maybe it's something with the setup, but the problem is consistent - I can't remember a build where this looks up at the sky during combat thing didn't happen to me. I've always thought it was maybe a hardware thing so I never reported it... but now I'm wondering if there's more to this.

Sir Brenton likes this.
  7. Sir Brenton

Sir Brenton Avatar

Good! I am trying to raise awareness! :) I think more people have this issue than the Dev's realize. It's extremly frustrating at times. (*cough* pvp)

I had some luck the other night when I disabled a sound card, it seemed to disapear it was glorious! Then I tried re-enabling another sound card - it came back. Then I tried to replicate and haven't been able to make it stay away. It could have been a fluke. I am still trying various tests myself, hoping something will change.

Duke Avery likes this.
  8. Sir Brenton

Sir Brenton Avatar

I am guessing this forum will be gone soon with the coming of r39. But for anyone who catches it, some good news! @Chris mentioned in chat yesterday that he thinks they have an idea what it is and will be working on a patch! Let us hope!!! It may be a doubly glorious release!

*crosses fingers*

Duke Avery likes this.
  9. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Tons of people have theese annoying hitches, myself included with i7 sixcore (overclocked to 4.5 ghz) and GTX 980 Ti AMP Extreme (6 gb vid ram), 32 gb ram, ssd, all overpowered stuff quite a lot gamers have anyway :D....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.