Food Wishlist - Ingredient/Buff Ideas for Food

Discussion in 'Queued for Review/Processing' started by Elgarion, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please post your ideas in a response to this thread. Linked below is a spreadsheet showing existing food items and their provided stats.

Please keep your through sharing and comments kind, constructive, considerate, and concise. Thank you Avatars! :)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    Glepo, StarLord, Chiasma and 7 others like this.
  2. Elgarion

reserved

Glepo and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  3. Elgarion

reserved

Glepo and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  4. Lained

Lained Avatar

Nice to see some recipes for the new lava fish my butchering table containers had started to overflow, also any chance of an increase of the rare fish fillets when butchering?

5. Elgarion

Most definitely -- I'm about to publish the update which has the full article. You'll see your answer in the "feed the village" commentary ;)

Wilfred, Glepo, Anpu and 3 others like this.
  6. Lained

Lained Avatar

I see you're going for the alliteration with the Ichthyosaur Ice Cream but hot meat in an ice cream? How about Ichthyosaur incendiary steaks?

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

oh good, you got the negative for paladis white wine.

keep in mind that a couple of foods still have outstanding bugs: fish stew and the fishy nibblers pet food

no uses added for vanilla bean or corn. maybe cutworm tamales instead of cupcakes?

there was no tarpon food because tarpon isn't very edible. it's really only caught for trophy fishing in real life.

if you're gonna remove trout, salmon, and bass from loot drops, are you going to also remove them from the npc fishmongers, like the one in the owl's head upper market? gonna have to talk about what to do with them, that's the only thing they still sell.

are you also removing the no-trade flag from lb birthday cake?

i like the idea of elemental summon food!

edit: can you look at chunk of cooked meat, chunk of rotten meat, and moldy bread? they each take three slots. the chunks of meat are from breaking down the roasted pigs you can steal from campfires. the moldy bread is one of the possible small stuff a child in tanglemire will give as a quest reward (though it's funnier when she hands me a bottle of whiskey)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I like the booze fixes, but 25 year whiskey still feels a bit underwhelming for how long it takes to make. (Though, I suppose there's probably tons of it out there by now, so maybe it's kinda moot.)

A little bummed to see wolf surprise lose crit damage, but more because it was replaced with +DA, and I just bought a ton of it off a vendor.

9. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Couple of thoughts based on what I am seeing so far:

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Outstanding!

:)

Wilfred and Glepo like this.
  10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Also, be kinda hilarious if the beef potpie also logged you out of the game...

Widsith [MGT], Glepo and Lained like this.
  11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

You have my attention, sir.

12. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

It might be interesting if brewed drinks got stronger with age.

13. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I see that you have added Decorated Cupcake, Elderberry Creamcheese Sugardrops, Petit Fours and Thumbprint cookies to supply bundles. I am fine with that, but can you please make it so the Spring Equinox Confection Platter that I bought from the COTO store drops them a bit more often? Maybe 6 times a year like the LB birthday cake give out their goodies? I currently only get these items from it one time per year!

Also thank you for putting this into a spreadsheet for us! I'm sure I'll have more comments once I finish looking it over and sorting it will help me decide what to eat in different situations depending on what buffs I am looking for!

14. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Great stuff, after a quick look!

Wilfred likes this.
  15. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Question: What happens to existing fish like Salmon, cheesy bread that is already in inventory? Second what about the food drops from the cornucopias (i.e. sugar cookies, pumpkin soup, cheesy bread, etc)?

I would also agree on increasing the replenish for the spring Equinox platter.

slices of Lord British's birthday cake only coming from the zone.. what about the birthday cakes from the crown shop?

Wilfred likes this.
  16. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

The birthday cakes give cupcakes and fireworks, not slices of cake. At least the one I have does.

17. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

This seems to be a big nerf to fire food buff, Phoenix bites is now for Sun, Ammonite losses INT and lower Attunement, focus is a none issue. Lava food will the chance of catching these fishes change because spending 24 hours fishing and only catching 5 Ammonite is not a constructive way to spend our time?

Question that I was going to ask on the live stream today actually is. How do I know what my Critical Spell Bonus is, what is my Critical chance and my Critical Spell % and damage. Carapacaian gear has these stats, but I cannot figure out what my Crit is in game.

Sawtooth likes this.
  18. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

Question (apologies if I missed anything relating): Will it be possible to craft exceptional foods/drinks based on cooking skill(s), with maybe a very slight increase to effects or some other benefit outside crafting XP?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    Sarek and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  19. Trezir Pyle

Trezir Pyle Avatar

Is it possible to have the crafted food as deco. So we can have a slice of pumpkin pie, or a bowl of soup on tables?

Leylu420, Dollar Bill and Alley Oop like this.
  20. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Love that food will help cooking things faster!

Will we see a food down the road that might add exceptional chance, since neither the cooking pot of prosperity nor the expert cooking station increase exceptional chance?

Are exceptional versions of recipes still in consideration?