Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Controls and Interface feedback

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by mike11, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I have been with Sota since the very beginning and have seen and reviewed the various controls setups for players in game. I think they have got some of it right, but need to take a step backwards (a bit) to the pre 'tab targetting' game-state. Currently the game-state is headed for one of 100's of individual buttons or Glyphs and all controlled by keys 1-0.

- Using the 'tab' feature to go in and out of first person mode seems wrong somehow. I would suggest making the mouse-targetting mode only active when the tab key is held down. This mode seems very 'wierd', I can't imagine myself playing this way (as current live now).

- Overworld layout of controls redesigned - more thought put into which abilities ARE actually relevant to players while traversing in this game mode. Having hotbar full of non-relevant abilities is very bad in this mode. Suggestion - have hotbar tooled for Overland mode (which replaces zone hotbars).

- The Auto-track skill advancement abilities should fade after a certain amount of time. better to be 'session' relevant?

- Sequencing too many glyphs into the hotbars creates too many sequences in the keyboard keys 1-0 range. Solution to include more keys/controls into common sequences such as stacking

- Stances being included as individual 'glpyhs' is one I never agreed with. Further increasing stress/fatigue of players managing the hotbars. This would be a good candidate IMO to remove altogether as Glyphs. Instead you would change completely into a stance at a time via a control key - thus, Hotbar would be changed.
    (spoiler - have you seen other games such as Warhammer Online Shadow Warrior + Squig Herder). This revamps the placement of Glyphs relevant to specific stances only. This should improve 'deck building' meta substantially.

- Overworld - toolips for all locations you can access, shows Tier ranking and more information, fast travel, selection of specific entrances ore POI.

Nikko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.