Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Conversations in a crowded area

Discussion in 'Release 2 Feedback' started by Rhiannon, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

I am having a bit of a problem when I come into a crowded area like the merchants tents. There are so many people talking over one another, I can't figure out who is who. By the time I type out someone's name, they have walked away.

Is that just me?

LordRussell and Miganarchine like this.
  2. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

Yes i got this a lot, "Hold still while i type!, No not you......wait!... come here you ...expletive!...WAIT!...Stop!"

Some kind of NPC character hold system, When you select a NPC the camera zooms in on them allowing you to talk to them.

3. Margard

Margard Avatar

Multiple threads have popped up with this issue (the Dev's are aware) ... I had the same problems

4. Nemo Herringwary

Nemo Herringwary Avatar

What would help this somewhat is if the text above the NPC updated at the same time as it does in the chat window; however at present it seems to be on a separate timer, so in busy areas other NPCs can scroll their responses off the text box, but the NPC still looks like he's talking about a few sentences back.

5. ThePompousPeasant

ThePompousPeasant Avatar

Yes this is a problem and happy to see that they are aware of it. I LOVE the conversation system but in it's current form it's quite annoying, unless you are alone with the NPC.

6. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Their seems to be some degree of stickiness to the conversation system. I'd talk to one person, then talk to the next and the last guy still wanted to answer my questions. I think it's trying to be intelligent.

7. Dolnor

Dolnor Avatar

Either have the option to click an NPC to initiate a conversation with them...and only them. Or require the player to be within 3 feet of the NPC to talk to them and when the player steps outside the 3 foot zone, the NPC stops reacting to the player's text.

Personally I would rather have the "click to make current focus" so I can have a conversation with multiple people at the same time. NPC1 is clicked and talked to...NPC2 is silent. NPC2 is then clicked and talked to whilst NPC1 is no longer the focus and remains silent. This feature allows for much more detailed interactions. The clicking on the NPC is the same as turning towards each person in a conversation to speak with them.

TQQdles™

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.