Cooking

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by High Baron Asguard, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

I was watching the video on crafting and I had an issue. Some things in cooking use recipes like baking but lots of things don't use a recipe or use adaptable recipes. For example when I was an apprentice my chef always said a recipe is just the start. In fact a recipe for a chef is very abbreviated because its adapted as you go.

For example a lamb stew could become a beef stew by just changing the meat. Cooking should really reflect this, a good chef will look at what s\he has and then decides what to make based on that rather than starting with a recipe and looking for the ingredients the way an alchemist would.

Baking is the exception to this because it DOES require very specific quantities but even that is adaptable (you might add cheese to your bread or fruit or you might roll out the dough and turn it into pizza)

2. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

I believe that the system is meant to be as you want. While recipes will exist, and may even be fully writable, you will still be able to change things up at a whim. LB even hinted at the idea that base recipes will be lacking in things that could make them more effective, meaning that using creativity may lead to your own secret recipes (at least until all the recipes are discovered).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.