Coping with Saving Combat & Crafting Experience (pooled)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Time Lord, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops: My Frozen and Locked-Up Skills... (status report)
    From that decision I made on June 16 :rolleyes: (I actually think it was around the 14th when I started saving combat exp)
    Until presently June 26, and playing at a leisurely pace, thus far I've gone from having 0-5000 exp in my combat exp pool, to now well over 200,000+
    Yet as of that post, I've now been saving crafting exp as well, and today will go over 200,000+

:rolleyes: With all that considered, and my character having had all his skills locked in the upper 50's, "come the time of R43 in a few days, I should be able to overcome any obstacle from my initial frustration point (from the previous noted post above).

I've taken a leisurely pace and have been hunting in mostly 2 skull level areas with all my skills locked.

With the rest of my time and hunting profits, I've been expanding my agricultural planting operation and am now saving for an expansion when the next telethon happens on Lord British's Birthday (July 4th). I then plan on adding another Town Lot Bundle.

~*The elven tax free town lot bundle, because the home that comes with it is the only current way to have that home style and it have the ability to be placed on land. the other same home when bought separately can only be placed on a water lot. How that home is different from other homes, is that the Elven Town Home has a very open deck under it which can support an "outside garden", meaning that those plants won't take forever in their growing times. Yet that also means that planters could be placed even under that first floor deck and have the same outdoor planting speed, "if it's the elven home that comes with the bundle"*~

Back to the saving exp issue :oops:...
    Depending on what comes with our R#43, will determine if I decide to unlock any skills in either combat or crafting. Thus far I've been saving exp for around 10-15 days, so I think if combat skills are still being worked on by our developers in major ways, I may just end up keeping everything locked until R#44 come around.

At some point within our game, everyone gets (for the most part) "topped out", where skills slow down in gains quite a bit and we enter into a time when "we've done it all and that's all there is", which then means that we must continue to enjoy our gaming character in it's natural leveled off state. By comparison, that's what I've actually begun doing early by having locked all my skills. There's not much difference between locking our character at a lower level of skull level hunting, then there is if we "level off" and the high end skull areas become our place of stagnation with grass growing speed skill increases.

I've read so much of the frustration within skills from most all our posting members, and I can say that I never wish to be as frustrated as the few of them are. I've had my main Nystal TimeLord character at multi GM levels by speeding through our content and utilizing all our "get buff quick formulas", and I can say that it was fun, but I missed allot of the enjoyment our many other levels of skull area's content. I found that they bored me as a player, when I had zipped my way through our game's content like a rocket. This is why with my current chr, that I've slowed him down to only that which I wanted to enjoy more, before heading into our higher content.

:rolleyes: So many of my good and grand friends play at the highest levels of our game and do not post very much at all within our forums, "because they are off playing and enjoying the game" :D But I know that some day, even within my leisurely style of play, that I will be there with them some day without too many deaths to look forward to. For now, I do pass on many well invited hunting parties, because they do speed our games content, or their hunts are not within the self imposed boundaries of my character's self limited rise. Every time I see my friend's hunting videos in the higher content, it gives me great joy in thinking that it's there waiting for me when my character is ready. As our game is still evolving in major areas of combat design, I don't enjoy going after to raise any skill that will soon to be changed in drastic ways. "My Chinese friends speak of this all the time", that they can't wait and very much are looking forward to our games basic combat mechanics to reach a place where drastic changes are no longer coming, so they can enjoy playing the game we have, without so much game changing frustration.

I will most likely continue to lock all my skills one month out of each 3, because it certainly has ended any frustration I've ever had in running on a dry experience pool and being forced to resort to locking and unlocking each skill I've desired to rise, while stopping to (smell the roses) enjoy the rest that our total content has to offer.

The Locking, Unlocking and dried up experience pools, I see as the most negative effect our current system has, "but is entirely avoidable", though saving up a large experience pool, no matter if it's combat or crafting.

It's a totally personal choice we make and one that effects our enjoyment, which should remain to be chosen by the player in whatever they wish to do. But for me, :rolleyes: this is what I've chosen to do and be much happier in my gaming with it ;)

I would however like to see a 4th option within the locking, unlocking, maintaining options, and that new option should be something between maintaining and unlocking.... "call it a mid level gaining option", but the actual name doesn't matter.

This has been my user observation update and review of what I've been doing :D
    :) Please feel very free to share your own or comment about anything my review, or your own review may have offered for your added comment.

[​IMG]
    :cool:~Time Lord~:)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.