Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Corporal Heloise Away from Her Post

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Bedawyn, Jul 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

07/01/2019 20:27
    Title: Corporal Heloise Away from Her Post
    Reproduction Rate: ----
    Blocker? Only a postponer, if you can't find her when you need her

Details:

Corporal Heloise moves around too far from her post. Although some natural movement is good, in Heloise's case it makes her seem downright negligent. Players need to be able to find her to turn in heirlooms, and if they go to her post and she's not there, the tents may well block their view if they try to look for her elsewhere. Normally, I'm not a fan of making things unrealistically easy for players and in other circumstances, I'd tell them to just wait till she comes back or go look for her. But in this case, it looks like she's wandering away from an assigned post for no good reason and staying gone for several minutes at a time. In addition, she's the only guard at that end of the camp -- with the tents blocking the view, if the Ebon Dawn attacked while she was away from her post, they could easily slaughter all the civilians and be in the center of camp before any of the other guards had time to react, all because Heloise wasn't there to sound the alarm!

Twice now, I've found her either with her nose stuck in the back of a tent or apparently stuck between tents, so there may be routing issues making her stay away longer than intended. However, I'd argue that she shouldn't be out of visual range of "her" tent at all.

(Also FYI: Corporal Rhoswen has a forum tag, but Heloise doesn't.)

Steps to Reproduce: Go to Solace Bridge Outskirts, find Heloise (last tent before the trail down to Preston/Garridon), stick around and watch and wait.

SotA.Win.64.1003.Date.07.01.19
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest04_01
    Area Display Name: Solace Bridge Outskirts
    Loc: (-96.3, 34.8, 63.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDRfMDF8fCgtOTYuMzQ3LCAzNC44MTcsIDYzLjQyKXwoMCwgMC4yMTksIDAsIDAuOTc2KXwyNS42MDAxfDEwfDEuMjU=

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report. Issue #65179

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.