Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Corpses Corpses everywhere and not a mob that spawns...

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Anvar, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

I expected this might be an issue , so far every time I go into a lowbie zone now that theyre populated there are unlootable corpses everywhere as people arnt clean looting them so no mobs will spawn for ages .

Simple fix would be 2 things, make it so that corpses become FFA loot after 1-2mins and/or once theyve been opened by the "owner" then it becomes FFA loot as soon as its closed.

I know I can play solo online and have all the mobs I want but I want to play online and many more who come to the game will expect to be able to do so and having to go solo as a workaround isnt an acceptable option in the long run.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  2. Andyafro

Andyafro Avatar

Agreed, the timer is way too long at the moment! I like the idea that corpses go free loot after the "owner" has closed the corpse window.

You'd have to be a dedicated anti looter to leave the gold as well as the waste of time hammers.

3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

As far as humanoid mobs is concerned, it would help if the loot was not so heavy. It is a real pain to double click just the gold or loot all and then delete heavy items from inventory. Simpler to either ignore the corpse, or double click on the gold and leave the rest. Unfortunately this leaves the corpses on the ground. I do not like to do this but I do because starting characters cannot carry enough of the heavy items. You have to spend too much time traveling back to a NPC for selling loot or to a bank to store stuff that will not stack.

4. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

Heavy items like hammers, swords or shields are more valuable then gold .. maybe it's a good idea to run more often to a merchant and sell the stuff but to destroy it.

5. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Players seem to be so busy trying to gain levels as fast as possible. Why not chill take your time and enjoy. All we got is time. I even seen people killing the horses in Owls Head anything with four legs was not safe. I know we should really play multi player to show that the game is busy with players, but its so tempting to just hide away in single online mode

Time Lord and Athanil like this.
  6. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

Well, that's not a surprise, imho. ppl try to gain levels, gain gold and try to earn enough to buy a lot in r33 as long as they are there. When many ppl won't get a lot they will leave. A path which was clear since it was stated how housing will run in SOTA.

Time Lord and Aldo like this.
  7. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    I guess you do have a good point there.

8. ZhugeLiang

ZhugeLiang Avatar

So true. I cannot fathom for the life of me why they chose to go this route with the long history of issues this has caused with past games. Its almost as if game makers want to limit the life of their games or something...

Snikorts and Time Lord like this.
  9. Gix

Gix Avatar

I'd rather have a shorter timer (like 15-30 secs) when the owner closed the corpse window; instead of being instantaneous.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Go to Graymark Forest (or whatever the name of it is...I'm at work right now). I saw more dead elves than alive ones. I completely agree though with the idea of after the owner closes the window, anyone else around can take whatever's left. Me personally, I go to at least 10-15 over weight before I make the trek back to town. Or I do what others do, and sort by weight, and destroy the crappiest heavy piece I have.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. r-DotPhunky

r-DotPhunky Avatar

Here's my suggestion:

- An unlooted/unharvested mob is "yours" for 4 minutes, after that FFA
    - If you loot a body and don't clean loot it... it's FFA immediately

What, do you want zombies?! This is how you get zombies!

Time Lord likes this.
  12. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

lol, nice Archer reference (this is how you get ants Lana!)

r-DotPhunky and Time Lord like this.
  13. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Okay, I just re-thought about that zombie thing you mentioned @r-DotPhunky That would be awesome! If, after a certain amount of time, a body does not get looted clean, it would turn into a zombie!! That would make scenes about twice as enjoyable. Also, the zombie should scale to meet the level it was at pre-dead. @Devs You should really take a look into this!! >=D

r-DotPhunky and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.