Cost of current food recipies!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Briar Vesper, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briar Vesper

Briar Vesper Avatar

Currently Plate of DarkStarr Fried Oysters consists of 34 individual ingredients and 3 uses of a cooking pot to yield ......2 Plate of Darkstar Fried Oysters..total cost of all items minus the cooking pot.?? 164 gold. How does this equate with health regen etc for just 1hr? Alot of money...
    When I look at -25% basic reagent use chance for 7 days! at 1 Coto or 1200ish gold.
    With the cost of taxes etc I hope price adjustments are in store for food materials, or an decrease in the amount of materials needed per recipe. Ie: bottle of wine either 40g vendor bought or stolen from somewhere, 16 oyster meat that does not drop even time from a black peal or cost 66gold just in meat..
    Patient Briar.

Acred, Sentinel2, lollie and 12 others like this.
  2. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Yes! The materials for cooking are way, way too costly. Even at just a 50 percent mark up, 1 plate of fried oysters would cost 120 gold. That's not realistic and cooks will soon be broke and out of business (me being one of them).

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Acred, lollie, Sara Dreygon and 6 others like this.
  3. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

I hope this gets balanced. I loved cooking.

I know they are trying to make cooking 'important' and 'realistic' and I support that entirely. I know many others are against too much 'realism' in needing to eat.

I don't mean to know how to fix things, or indeed make it any better.

I want to cook and RP the need for eating to some extent, but we are not there yet. Hopefully we will, I'd love to sit at a tavern and order a meal and talk to friends while I eat.

4. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

Will we see obsidian potion for regen ???

Another way to sell coto and increase their value....

5. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

Yep, I've got a 76 fishing skill(yes I'm insane, but ready for the Kraken when it appears!), but cooking anything with my fish is too costly and complex. I could deal with the complexity, if there was a benefit. For now I sell my butchered fish to an NPC vendor and I have only made some recipes just so they are in my book, few at that once I figured out how costly it was.

I think some cooking ingredients should be byproducts of butchering as well(not just from skinning). Fat, bones, etc.. Cooking in general needs a huge revamp regarding cost/benefit.

Oh, and Bacon! We need bacon! To go with our eggs of course...

6. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

It doesn't.

However since the +1 Health Regen you are seeing was simply a place-holder until further work could be made on the system, well...

Wait until R34 drops, and you may find Oysters on the menu more often (though I am eyeing the Coleslaw myself). :)

7. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

I sell my fish after butchering too. The fat and bones you already get from pig, sheep, and deer butchering.

Acred and Time Lord like this.
  8. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

Ah, I was wondering where I got my fat and bones from. Just assumed it was from skinning.

I still have not killed sheep or pigs as they are in towns and didn't want any bad mojo from NPC shepherds/farmers...not that I have ever seen any. :cool:

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

Expecting R34 to finally provide food content.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

I want to cook but I first need my chef's Toque hat before I can get inspired!

11. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

how about an obsidian pole for the really big fish?

Time Lord and moko like this.
  12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

It is the exact same for every other crafting item the cost to make the item is actually not to bad, the problem is . . . . .

players WIN (want it now) and for cheap and easy.

this goes along the line I keep pushing that the dev team is screwed as they made it to easy to progress to fast - and now everyone wants it ALL now since they had so much before.

Players need to stop and go back to understanding what they are here for - to assist in the development of a good, stable, viable, lasting game.

As it stands now play is already at "end game" for 75% and crafting is not :-(

13. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I tend to concur. Pre-persistence was purposefully meant to go fast for systems testing. Too many expectations for speed of advancement and accumulation of wealth crossed the pre-persistence / post-persistence boundary. Port made some mistakes by not having balance perfect yet, but perfect balance is an impossible task. As they try to fix things to make the game better and more balanced, we have players used to getting things fast and plentiful complaining with every perceived slow-down in their quest to get back to where they were pre-wipe.

Honestly, if they make oysters awesome enough to be worth their cost, we're going to have a new round of players complaining that they aren't making enough money to buy the best food 100% of the time, just like we went through with people complaining about arrows and ammunition.

14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

cost is not gonna be that high next release

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.