COTO Planter Areas vs Planting Beds - Cost Comparison on a Village Lot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrChadwyck, Sep 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrChadwyck

MrChadwyck Avatar

First, I like them. The new planter areas have a nice deco purpose so you don't have those beds slapped up next to your house.

So what's the cost per planting spot on a village lot, NPC planting bed vs COTO planting area?
    Really short answer: 41 gp vs 4,742 gp per planting spot. (COTOs converted to gold)

If you don't care about appearance and just want to grow on a village lot, it takes you about 16,500 gold for NPC-bought planters. It takes $60 to get the 5500 crowns needed (actually you get 6300) on the crown store OR you need to get the 1,750,000 gp needed to buy COTOs in-game from a vendor. Something to think about though, is with the new COTO planters, you can get more plants on a village lot without all that design trickery and balancing act.

Table 1: I'm using planter beds bought off NPC on a village lot. A total of 406 spots for 16,480 gp is about 41 gold per planting spot.

Table 2: If you bought the same setup with 5500 COTOs from the crown store, 406 spots for 1,925,000 gp is about 4,742 gold per planting spot. At posting time 100 COTOs was 35,000gp on a player vendor.

Table 3: A village lot can hold 475 planting spots before it won't let you place any additional planter areas. This leaves a little room open on the lot for containers or whatever.
    Placing as many large, then medium, small, and single as you can until you reach 475, you get 475 spots for 1,750,000 gp at 3,685 gold per planting spot.

That's 69 more plants in my example setup.If you get 30 items per plant, that's 2070 per harvest. If you sell at 2gp, it's 4,140 gold. which doesn't seem like a lot, but can pay the rent or buy some pecan nuts.

Anyway, that was my attempt at trying to show a comparison. Thanks for reading.
    And it's damn hard trying to line up all those areas. Really need a snap-to feature.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    StarLord, Scanphor, Gia2 and 3 others like this.
  2. scubaman

scubaman Avatar

Did you compare the coto cost to upgrading to a town and using the planting beds on that to compare?

3. MrChadwyck

MrChadwyck Avatar

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.