Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Could the mouse top buttons be made totally remappable?

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by helm, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helm

helm Avatar

At least in reticule mode? Pretty please?

@Chris, the main reason I'm asking this is because right now there is no good way to set up the mouse to handle all movement (full=including backpedaling, which is especially important to archers for example).

In reticule mode one would only need to "detach" and remap the "interact" functionality (with objects, harvesting nodes and the like). Interacting with hostiles (also known as "Attack") is already detachable and more or less remappable. If the same were done for interaction, the left and right mouse buttons could be "free game" for those who want/need to remap them. For example, I would probably use the left one as a forward button and the right one for backpedaling, which would free my right hand for glyphs (no need to touch WASD except in special cases). This would fit in very well with the new targeting mode.

Yes, many people use side buttons for moving back and forth. But side buttons are not exactly known for their quickness and accuracy. They are also known as thumb buttons, and therefore quite clumsy. The accuracy of the top buttons is several times better.

Athanil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.