Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crafted weapon GPs nerfed, but repair %age still low.

Discussion in 'Release 17 Feedback' started by Widsith [MGT], May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

OK, I guess I can understand taking down the NPC payout for crafted weapons in order to encourage a player economy (even if the public vendors are still lame and clotted up with unrealistic prices). But when a repair kit only fixes 10% of a crafted or purchased weapon, which degrades as quickly as a mob drop or generic NPC buy, the incentive to either craft or purchase such a thing goes away. I was hoping this would be the release to invest time on crafting, right now it's not looking like it.

2. rob2

rob2 Avatar

I'm wondering if crafted weapons/armor are worth wearing. You can buy a cheap set of plate and steal unlimited free weapons, OR you can craft your own which take LOTS of time, and then you get 20% stronger stuff, but end up having to pay over a thousand gold per outing and a lot of clicking and dragging to repair it.

I'm guessing the devs have a reason for making this so expensive, but I hope there will be more incentive to use crafted items in the future.

3. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Well, maybe when blacksmiths can actually do things like repair things, it might go down cost wise? <<Still not implemented.

Lord Baldrith and Moonshadow like this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

well since this is all still TESTING crafterd stuff is out there and viable use it if you want, Aug Plate is still THE BEST to use for simple grinding but when all goes away crafted or your pledge items is all you have to again LEARN, how to make it and take care of it now while you can.

5. Morganor

Morganor Avatar

At least you guys know how to craft stuff. Im still trying to figure out how to make me some (better) leather armor (as the recipe from owls head dosnt work). But i think its ok so far as you consider it a money sink. Its not that we realy need 100W+ gold, like you have in so many other games.

Moonshadow likes this.
  6. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Are you sure the recipes for leather armor from Owl's Head is not working? Because I just made some leather armor (chest) of dodging with a recipe from Owl's. Thing is though, I do recall that there was some sort of a bug report about using copper binding - but then I used iron binding (all I had on me at that time:p).

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Greeeaaat.. I was just gearing up to make my first piece and what kind of bindings do I have? Why.. copper of course!

Anyway.. it is my observation that the stats on crafted gear past few releases are likely based on having no skill. So when those skills do finally come in, we should see some improvement there but don't expect any in the meantime.

Crafted weapons MIGHT be worth it if you can collect the materials fast enough. Supposedly all those nifty bonuses actually do something this release. In my opinion, repairs just aren't worth it. but again until the skills are in the repair kits are just a stop gap measure.

Moonshadow likes this.
  8. Morganor

Morganor Avatar

argh xD thx for the info :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.