Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crafting e.g. Cooking with a brand new char - Problems

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Rentier, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

9/8/2017 2:06 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 100% (2/2
    Blocker? ?
    Details:

my new char did try some cooking today:

in his recipebook were already 2 starter recipes for cooking, so I got the needed ingredients, placed them in the cooking station and voila -

"This recipe requires a skill level of 40 or higher in stat: Cooking proficiency"

1) what the heck happened here? I have starter recipes and can't cook them?

2) then the description is misleading again "skill level" will be seen as the 10 above the cooking skill (starting lvl of cooking on a new char => 22.4 profiency) - nearly nobody reads this clearly to the end to see that stat cooking proficiency is meant which leads to 3)

3) profiency stat can't be seen correctly summed up anywhere on the char
    - you have to know where to look and add them up manually
    Skill - Level convert it to proficiency
    + Crafting Station bonus e.g. +5 proficiency
    + Devotional buff e.g. +5 proficiency​

4) than there is the other problem to state profiency is needed but the skill is leveled => already addressed somewhere.... and not clearly stated anywhere e.g. RTF handbook?

the recipes are: "Jack-o'-latern" and "Bark Bread"

Steps to Reproduce: try to cook the starting recipies on the char with all the ingredients in backpack....

EDIT: after reaching the required minimum proficiency stat - I tried to to the Jck-o'-latern only to see that the pumpkin is destroyed in failing (this makes sense in reality check but is inconsistent with other craftings without fuel (like not using coal, wax creosote etc.)

Is this intended or an oversight here?
    because in Highvale the pumpkin fields int hte first map highvale battle are EMPTY ! AFAIK in march 2017 when i startet on the love path there were pumpkins in the starter area...​

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32710
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GPU RAM: 4009
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.659.Date.09.05.17
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Dragomir Mori
    Area Display Name: Dragomir Mori
    Loc: (55.3, 41.3, -472.8)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERyYWdvbWlyIE1vcml8KDU1LjMxNSwgNDEuMzQ2LCAtNDcyLjc2OSl8KDAsIDAuOTU2LCAwLCAwLjI5Myl8MTQxLjg5ODV8MzEuNTI5MDd8MS4yNQ==

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    discipleofweb likes this.
  2. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah I also ran into this problem getting cooking going in offline mode.

Try putting milk on the table to make butter, it can be used later and helps get proficiency up to make bread or fish meals.

Other ingredients like nuts for cooking oil can be hard to find, you may have to go to Kiln or Owl's Head for supplies.

3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

[start derailing] you find nuts on killing squirrels too or harvesting wood later on [end derailing]

4. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah if you do not mind killing squirrels. The drop rate on nuts from the trees seems low to me though.

Also nuts are not for sale in Perennial Coast from what I know.

Rentier likes this.
  5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Rentier - Not sure if it's "intended" that you start with a recipe you don't have the cooking proficiency to be able to craft it... perhaps the proficiency requirement of those starting recipes need to be adjusted. Perhaps @Lexie or @Attenwood can look into this and let us know for sure?

But either way... just knowing or learning a recipe (of any crafting type) does not mean you meet the proficiency level to craft it. For instance, many recipes can be traded among players. Whether you have the proficiency to make them or not doesn't matter... if you trade for them, they get added to your recipe book. You still won't be able to craft them until you raise your proficiency high enough though.

discipleofweb and Rentier like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.