Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crafting leveling progression non existent

Discussion in 'Release 68 QA Feedback' started by Elrond, Jul 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

At lvl 100 blacksmith masterwork we can apply 1.6 damage avoid on gear for 1.2 mil xp .
    At lvl 150 blacksmith masterwork we can apply 1.7 damage avoid on gear for 143 mil xp .

At lvl 100 blacksmith masterwork we can apply 1.6 strength on gear for 1.2 mil xp .
    At lvl 150 blacksmith masterwork we can apply 1.7 strength on gear for 143 mil xp .

0.1 for 143 mil xp is not leveling progression

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I'm really curious to know how the guy in charge of crafting IS the guy in charge of crafting, and how NONE of these issues have ever been noticed. I mean At least they guy doing Adventurer progression knows that the DIMINISHING RETURNS mechanic they NEED to enforce comes from the Experience curve, the crafting guy seems to have no clue about this.

I spoke to a Dev the other day who was streaming world building, and asked him if he would possibly think about adding a scene or an area in a scene similar to mines, but for woodcutting, and his response was "No, because we need a certain threat level for nodes"

A certain threat level for nodes? In that case do mines not respect this rule? If not, why are they this way, and if so, why is it impossible to make something SIMILAR but for woodcutting?

I keep hearing people say that the Devs should play the game, but it isn't only playing the game at this point, it is knowing what they are working on, because some of these guys seem to have NO EFFIN CLUE what they are looking at, and are just throwing oil on the fire because the fire keeps growing, thinking it is a good thing...

@DarkStarr @Chris I know you guys probably won't read this, but if you do, please, ohh please try to tell your guys that Diminishing returns already exists in crafting through the exp curve, and that there are mines that are supposedly great for Threat level per node, so something similar should happen for wood, which is now at 150 a piece because you keep nerfing ALL the ways to REASONABLY get wood.

3. golruul

golruul Avatar

So after level 100, I should only focus on the base masterwork skill to increase my chance of success? Or does this issue only apply to stats (and other things where the range is small)?

4. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

This issue applies to every crafting tree ..so if you dont mind spending hundred of mil xp to get 1 % more success chance...

Rinaldi, Mac2, Barugon and 1 other person like this.
  5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Gotta agree with this... should be more rewarding while not being too crazy. I don't want to keep leveling my specialty as 86m only gives me an extra 0.1.

6. D'Weasel

D'Weasel Avatar

You have to have at least a soft cap as new players won't have access to all the XP generation "strategies" that you had access to. Those, like the Table Top Catapult, are all fixed and don't generate anywhere near the same XP. Also, adding a lot of high level benefits to items can break the game pretty quickly. The Envy Bow comes to mind....

Dhanas and Girlsname like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.