Crafting Museum Expansion

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Scoffer, Dec 26, 2017.

?

Which option would be more useful to you?

1. Option A: Each piece separately

27.3%
  2. Option B: Double up on common and have the bonus ones separate

45.5%
  3. Option C: Book with the common bonus and items for the specials.

27.3%
  4. Option D: Please explain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

As some of you already know Shimizu Kitoku, myself and a few others undertook the huge job of crating a crafting museum which displays every type of armor and weapon in every material type in every style and put them all on display in the museum. This was so that people could make informed choices on what they wanted crafting by browsing and comparing things like Bronze Epic Chest Piece vs Copper Augmented plate Chest and so on. This was done for every single craftable item and as you can imagine this is taking up quite a bit of space and the house has quickly become full.

Now it has come to the point where the museum needs to expand and it will have to be split between two buildings. One will be specifically for weapons and the other will be for armor BUT they will now include all enchants, gem procs and masterworks as well! This will be a work in progress and will take some time to get set up but at this point I'm not sure on the layout specifically for the masterworks and so I need your help. We basically have several options for displaying these but i'm not sure which would be confusing, which would be easier and which would be more useful.

Pre-amble.
    For those that are unsure how the masterworks work you essentially have a lot of common masterworks which can be applied to any piece and then each individual piece will have something specific to that item. As an example for Heavy Armor you have the following:
    Greater Armor Defense
    Armor Defense
    Strength
    Avoidance
    Health
    Durable

You can get all of the above on any plate and chain piece (boots, gauntlets, chest, helm and legs).
    In addition to these you also have item specific ones such as:
    Move rate (boots only)
    Attack Speed (Gauntlets)
    Stun resist (Helm)
    Glancing Blow Power (multiple pieces but not all)

You also have 2 "sizes" which are basically Chest and Legs considered large and Boots, Gauntlets and Helm are considered small. The only difference between these is how much of a bonus each of the above masterworks give, small being half of the bonus. For example putting strength on plate would give you +3.2 on chest and legs but only +1.6 on boots, gauntlets and helmet.

Still with me?

So, how would this be best displayed? We have a couple of options:

Option A:
    Display each piece separately but put two masterworks on each piece. So we would end up with 4 plate boots pieces which may have something like Greater armor defense + Armor Defense, piece 2 would have Strength + avoidance, piece 3 would have Health and Durable, Piece 4 would have glancing blow and move rate.

Option B:
    Display the common items one each and just have the individual bonuses for the separate pieces. So we could have a table with plate boots with all the common masterworks on. Next to that you would have one table with boots which have move rate, gauntlets with attack speed, a helm with stun resist etc

Option C:
    Just display the separate pieces and have a book on display listing the common bonuses. So a book would be on display next to heavy armor listing the common bonuses but on the table the items themselves would be the same as option B (boots with move rate, helm with stun etc etc)

Option D:
    You have a better idea on how these should be displayed, please explain!

For those interested in the crafting museum it currently resides in Rinzai nested in Desolis. When you zone in head straight forward through the centre and look to the viking house on the left.

Nog, Griffler, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I think I get what your saying here. Option c would be fine with me but some people don't like to read. I think option b would work, and not cost you so much in mats, so I voted for that one as I think it would be the most simple and effective way to pull it off, not to mention keeping your deco limit low.

Leelu likes this.
  3. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Have you thought of a basement expansion for perhaps the Advanced items?

Yes, its not front and center, but a basement seems to have a much higher deco item count these days.

Leelu likes this.
  4. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Mainly trying to avoid load screens if possible.

Leelu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.