Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crafting scrolls with less reagents and more alchemy

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Gatsu., Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

[​IMG] Wood Pulp x 5
    [​IMG] Mandrake Root x 10
    [​IMG] Black Pearl x 10

WHAT?
    on Ultima Online (again ultima online) a great inscripter can make this types of scrolls with a level of 60+ of inscription and i don't remember what level of alchemy... and just REAGENTS necessary to cast the spell... (1 or 2 or 3)

i suggest this:
    [​IMG] Wood Pulp x 5
    [​IMG] Mandrake Root x 2
    [​IMG] Black Pearl x 2

and with Alchemy at levels:\

from 0 to 20

make nothing
    from level 10 to level 30
    Damaged Scroll (that explodes if used)
    from level 30 to 60
    Malfunctional teleport scroll (that teleport player at the starting point of the scene)
    from level 60 to 90
    Teleport scroll
    from level 90 to 100+
    Great Teleport scroll (Teleport in 7 seconds)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

To be honest, I don't think we'll get the reg cost reduced - there tends to be a prevailing sentiment that crafters must grind cash to be able to afford to make anything which as long as that philosophy is applicable you're going to have to pay for your skillups. The reagent use on scrolls is more or less in line with other alchemy recipes, most of which take 8-10 of something.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if they did this, but it would then make every other alchemy recipe unbalanced in terms of reagent usage.

What I'd prefer to see would be a reduction in the wood pulp required, since pulp is very laborious to create in terms of time consumption. At the moment 20 goes on the milling machine for pulp is enough for a total of 4 scrolls, which will also cost you 100g in reagents each. Assuming the reagent cost stayed the same I'd love to see the pulp requirement reduced to something more reasonable, like say 1.

Comparison:
    A blank book takes 20 pulp but we're talking about a single page scroll here.
    Sheet music (which you'd imagine would usually be at least several pages regardless of instrument) takes 8 pulp.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  3. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

too expensive to make a Scroll... this kill private economy ... or it's necessary to INCREASE PRICE of teleport scrolls on NPC VENDORS.

4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah, they are expensive, but about in line with how expensive everything else is to craft.
    Crafting is a huge money sink at the moment - lowering material / fuel / reg costs is certainly one way to make it more palatable, but the problem is systemic, not just with scrolls themselves.

Scrolls at least, at the moment, are one of like 3 items you can actually make money crafting and selling to players - as opposed to the hundreds of items where this isn't psosible. =/

Gatsu. likes this.
  5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Where did you find those since persistence?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.