Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crafting Stations Unclickable If I Turn On My Radio

Discussion in 'Release 27 Bug Forum' started by Black Tortoise, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

1. Crafting Stations Unclickable If I Turn On My Radio
    2. 100% of 5 attempts
    3. Nope, exit game and load game works
    4. <<
    If I turn on my radio (I use the Techno FM station, if that matters) none of my crafting stations in my house are clickable. I cant use the stations. If I exit the game, and relog in, they work again. If I turn on the radio, they stop working immediately. If I turn the radio off, they still dont work until I log in. My stations are in my basement, and exiting the basement and re-entering the basement has no effect. Only logging out and back in restores my ability to click on my crafting stations and open the crafting dialoges. This goes for every crafting station type.

UPDATE

Actually, this is not the radio, but its any container at all in my basement. If I open a chest or trunk, the same thing happens - I cant click on crafting stations anymore. Exit Client / Relaunch Client fixes it.

a. enter basement
    b. turn on in game radio (the rewards item)
    c. try and click on crafting station, fail
    d. exit client
    e. open client
    f. resume in basement, and dont turn on radio, and crafting stations all work
    6. Ubuntu Linux 14.04, 16GB memory, SSD, nVidia 550 ti, propietary drivers, intel i5 3.2 ghz cpu.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Argh yah simple logout/login doesnt fix it - even if I wait the 20 seconds for my character to leave the game world. I have to completely close the client and relaunch the game. Logout/Login alone leaves me with unclickable crafting stations.

3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Also this counts for using other crafting stations too. If I use my tailoring station, I cant exit and use my textiles or tanning station. I have to exit the game client, and reload the game client to use another crafting station.

4. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Now to make matters more complicated, it seems like the number of containers / objects-with-interfaces that I open, requires the same number of client-exit and client-relaunch (to resume crafting, everything else in my basement works).

For example, if I use my tailoring station, then open a chest, then open a trunk, I have to exit the client, then relaunch, log into the game, exit the client, relaunch, and log into the game again. Again Ill note that time is not the issue - I have waited 2-3 mins between client exits and relaunches, so this isnt an issue of my avatar needing to be removed from the game world fully (i.e., that 20 sec countdown).

I will try to finish my crafting session to test this last bit out more, but it seems to be a consistent pattern so far. N-many object-opens in my basement requires N-many client exits and relaunches (before I can use my crafting stations again).

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@stratigos We have a suspicion that you are experiencing what we believe is a known issue, but we cannot confirm without being able to test in your basement. If possible, please respond with the /loc chat commands to the location of your basement hatch along with the name of the scene it is located in. Thank you for reporting.

6. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

@Attenwood Certainly - Area: Jaanaford (Novia_R6_City_Jaanaford) Loc: (152.7, 35.6, 74.6)

7. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks for the response! After going to your basement to verify the report, I can confirm that this is a known issue that we expect to be resolved once the fix goes live in R28. In collider-dense scenes, we had observed the game limiting the number of colliders it recognized, which would affect systems like interactive objects and whether you would be able to jump. We believe we have a fix ready for this that we look forward to implementing as soon as we're able.

8. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Ok great, tysm for the efforts of you and your team!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.