Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crafting tab in Inventory includes Reagents

Discussion in 'Release 25 Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

12/17/2015 6:40 PM
    Title: Crafting tab in Inventory includes Reagents
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No, but it makes the crafting tab pretty cluttered
    Details: I don't know if this is intentional, but since it is a change from previous releases I consider it a bug. Reagents such as Sulfuric Ash, Mandrake, Nightshade, etc. are included in the inventory under the Crafting tab in addition to being listed under the Consumable tab. Even if recipes are being introduced that need reagents (e.g. poison potion, haste potion), this addition makes the cluttered Crafting tab even more cluttered. The reagents needn't be listed under two tabs. And the clutter is really detrimental to finding things in the inventory.
    Steps to Reproduce: Open inventory, inspect Crafting and Consumable tabs. If Reagents are in the inventory, they will be listed in both places.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16324
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 GPU RAM: 2988
    SotA.PreAlpha.Win.64.360.Date.12.17.15
    Area: BasementSceneDungeonVillage_5Floor
    Loc: (17.2, 5.0, 14.4)

Elwyn likes this.
  2. Dameron

Dameron Portalarian Emeritus

Thanks for writing in!

This is by design. The items are used in both crafting and reagents for skills(consumable).
    Moving this thread to the feedback forum.

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

OK, then my feedback is, please don't do this. It makes the crafting menu so cluttered that it is a major inconvenience.

EDIT: I thought I'd add a little explanation.

I carry 5 crafting tools with me all the time. When I start out on an adventure I always check to see if I have everything I need with me (and make sure I am not encumbered with wood, cotton, ore and other stuff that I should dump in a chest or in the bank before I set out. My crafting inventory should look like this:
    [​IMG]
    At a glance, I know I am all set to go.

Now, because the reagents are mixed in and I need to carry them with me (because I am a mage), it is very time-consuming to pick out the things I want to leave behind. And after I am done, the menu still looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    Now I have to scan through the list to make sure I haven't dumped any of my crafting tools by mistake. And I have to check to see if I didn't dump any of my needed reagents by mistake.

Am I the only mage to find this setup very inconvenient?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    Elwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.