Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crafting table repair

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by ottomaddux, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ottomaddux

ottomaddux Avatar

I have to say I feel a bit mislead. The devs have said for many releases that we were going to be able to repair items at crafting tables as well as with repair kits. That is not the situation at all, however. Instead of what they made it sound like it was going to be, repairing items durability at a table, instead of with a kit, it is juat an extra layer. Not only do we have to keep repairing items with kits, but now we have to repair another layer of the item, at a table... with another repair kit. I feel like they just baited and switched me, adding another unnecessary layer of complication on. All the gold sinks in the economy are just making this a boring grindfest.

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Yes... Unless one were to pay attention to every little detail spouted in earlier hangouts, it would be quite easy to miss that the concept of fixing max durability via crafting stations has been the stated intention since the beginning.

Cannot fault you for believing otherwise.

I will add though that current repair frequency is rather unbalanced at the moment, though I expect that will change in the future. :)

3. drrhodes

drrhodes Avatar

I'm not happy with needing repair kits at crafting stations for fixing maximum durability, but it's even worse with the broken crafting of repair kits. Has it been five days now since they broke? I think a patch, even if it's just for the kits is long past due.

margaritte and lfalk like this.
  4. ottomaddux

ottomaddux Avatar

I do know they tried to patch it for v 324, but it didn't fix it. they said they were still working on it.

5. drrhodes

drrhodes Avatar

I heard they had a fix, but were waiting for more fixes to fill the patch. That was about three days ago and since the weapon decline hasn't been fine tuned, repair kits are much too important right now to leave off until later. IMO, YMMV, yadda, yadda.

6. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Is that something people actually do ?

Personally, I find it more cost-effective to buy them from merchants for 100g, than it is to waste two of my ingots to create one of them.

However, perhaps other users have a larger supply of ingots than myself... Ingots are my "precious", making them enough to keep up with demand is difficult. :)

7. drrhodes

drrhodes Avatar

;) I do. But then, I'm nutz.

The new salvage actions make it much cheaper/easier to obtain ingots. One ore with twelve metal scraps gives one ingot instead of the previous and still existing four ore per ingot. Plus you build adventure and crafting experience getting the scraps. Win-win in my book, but then like I said, I'm nutz. :p

8. Selene

Selene Avatar

I believe that the devs have mentioned that repairing max durability will be much more difficult in the future, requiring, essentially, a "reforging" of the item. This is intended to drive the profitability of crafting.

Repair kits on crafting stations is just a (much simpler) placeholder for what is coming.

Lord Lonn likes this.
  9. ottomaddux

ottomaddux Avatar

Ugh, so this game is going to end up a boring grindfest. don't get me wrong, I'm all for making crafting important and relevant, but there are so many ways other than turning it into a grind.

10. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

You're not the one required to grind.

Use your weapon in adventures, quests, exploration, PVP, whatever; consume it; have a pro blacksmith fix it; pay him/her.

How the smith obtains the mats (most likely by pro gatherers - yet another "job" for the creative player), is none of your business - if you don't want to know. ;)

Duke Raas and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  11. ottomaddux

ottomaddux Avatar

Oh cool, the smith won't charge me. So I don't have to grind gold to pay the smith to keep my gear functional, to grind gold to pay the smith to keep my gear functional.....

12. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Well, hopefully whatever you are doing to get enough damage on your gear is making you enough money so you won't have to grind.

So, yes, if you chose a profitable past time that you are good at perhaps you won't have to grind.

If you are not making enough money at what you are doing, perhaps it is time to consider another career choice where one, you might excel, two, make money, and three, have fun?:D

Duke Raas and Katrina Bekers like this.
  13. ottomaddux

ottomaddux Avatar

Well that would be the point. I wanted to invest in a game not a career. they are putting so many sinks in to make sure the hard core players don't trash the economy, that there is no room for a casual player to enjoy the game.

14. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I'm adv level 15 after playing from release. Earned enough to buy my other toon part of his plate armor and made the rest. How more casual can you get?;)

15. ottomaddux

ottomaddux Avatar

that tells me nothing of how much you play.

16. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

well, I don't know either? I AFK a lot so the time is not really telling:p

17. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Should have researched before pledging then ;) joking aside, I play very casually and successfully this release actually.
    I make more money than I spend and I play maybe 1 hour a day solo, light armor melee.

Duke Raas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.