Crafting XP needs an overhaul

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeadnGone, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

All these numbers cause my head to hurt... I don't have time for all that tracking these days.

I just enjoy the ride and craft what I need or seems interesting at the moment or might sell in quantities. Good on all of you digging into these numbers though!

It does give me a few ideas of things to focus on for building up some crafting XP without having to deep dive into the realm of spreadsheets and charts like I did back in my old Star Wars Galaxies days! LOL

Jaesun, Brugas and Mac2 like this.
  2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

dont forget, if you still have the "reset quests" option, it resets those bonus's on crafting those for 1-5 items for the first time. I used this recently and it worked.

Elwyn, Nelzie and Matt Harris like this.
  3. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

around persistence this was said to be the case by the devs to make it more important to craft different things rather than huge batches of the same things over and over. I no longer remember if it was true, if it was change, or if it still works I rarely pay attention other to check for double xp now days.

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ugh. I thought I'd give it a go. The Xp is good, but OMG they take so long to make. I wish I'd been paying attention, I don't think the XP per hour was all that great. Good if you want to do something else while you earn xp, I suppose. But sooo boring. I was going to make a hundred, but I gave up after about 50 or 60 and went mining instead.

Brugas likes this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

The entire game is based around the addictiveness of building and dealing with complex systems.

That's why so many software developers and IT folks and Project managers, and operations folk like MMORPGs like this, because they are super detail oriented
    and like managing and mastering complex systems.... even in their spare time.

So, there's a method to the madness of making things take such a long time - it keeps you playing, and while you are, you're maybe buying some crap in the store.

That's just the business model of the game. If we make it easier so it's more like a single player game where you get instant gratification, more or less, we'd have

even less players than we do now. Facts !

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.